• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Card Phone CM1

shakushinnen

May 22, 2017
Hi All,
Again, I didn't know where to post this; but yesterday I bought this Card Phone at a local used items store (Value Village, for those interested).
I've never seen one before, which is probably not surprising, since I'm hardly on the cutting edge of phone technology; but here's a piture for those interested.
I'm not asking for help with anything here. It's about 2"x3.25" in size, and the thickness of about 5 credit cards. P.S. It doesn't work.
Card Phone CM1 IMG_0181.jpg

Last edited:
John,
Yeah, It's definitely old. 2G/GSM only phones haven't been made for a number of years now. And even 3G phone tech is going away now in many countries.

I'm in China, and this is the sort of device I'd commonly see at night markets, and cheap tech malls. It's the type of phone that was favoured by prisoners, because it could easily be hidden/secreted in a part of the human body where the sun don't shine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones