1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Carrier IQ and Android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ooltra, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ooltra

ooltra Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Toronto
    Hey everyone,

so as some of you may know if you saw my posts, I have recently rooted my Desire HD with CM7 and I am loving it. Today, I saw a video with American Sen. Al Franken questioning the FBI director on the usage of software that apparently can be used by cellphone carriers to monitor sms, data usage, phone calls, etc....and of course seeing that the software from the company "Carrier IQ" is installed on the phone, it by passes the encryption because it is located at the start/end of the encrypted tunnel.

By rooting your phone, is the Carrier IQ software something that is likely to have been erased?

This is the video, and this is the link to the companies website. Any info people can give me about this would be appreciated!

Sen. Franken Questioning FBI Director Mueller about Carrier IQ in the Senate Judiciary Committee - YouTube

Carrier IQ :: Welcome

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    ooltra likes this.
  3. ooltra

ooltra Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Toronto
  4. SB13X

SB13X Android Expert
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Rail Consultant
    Wigan, UK
    Neither is it contained in Android Revolution HD. All UK carriers have come forward and said that they don't include it in their bloatware either. Nothing has been released as to if this software is included in unbranded handsets.

I suggest you download:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-74aUvyuaGqI-vMkA&sig2=J5SjT3cWkh5LOmB3jJqy6A

This will put you at rest.

Xyro likes this.