• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Carrier Name Flashable zip for Motorola Triumph

:( Gets stuck on moto screen. I will just reflash the rom, but thanks anyway

*Edit Sprint version worked fine :)

It's probably the special character ampersand in the name AT&T. To change the carrier name to AT&T, you need to specify it with the escape character for the ampersand &. So you need to change it to:

AT&T

and that will work. At least it did when I tested it.

Upvote 0
i JUST came here to say the exact same thing. i tried all the files and all of them got aborted =/

IT WORKS FOR ME! you have to go to mounts&storage in cwm and mount system... then flash.

also, use the no overscroll version....

EDIT: if you read the post that the mod came from it tells you exactly what i told you

Reactions: xThatGuyZ
Upvote 0
IT WORKS FOR ME! you have to go to mounts&storage in cwm and mount system... then flash.

also, use the no overscroll version....

EDIT: if you read the post that the mod came from it tells you exactly what i told you

I probably forgot to mention mounting system first. I figured it out first time it failed when it said something about failing to see /system lol.

Upvote 0
Here is the link to what the options are for it as well as digging through to find the flashable zip for our version. If you go to the end and start going back pages there is a link to the archived versions and there you will find ours. It's rather awesome. If you can't find the link I will post the zips here for you.

[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

This wouldn't install for me.
I got the correct version for 1.11.25
I'm using cwm recovery v5.0.2.6

Error in /sdcard/signed_nooverscroll.v2.zip(status 7)

Also tried the MIUIsprint zip someone else posted. same result.

How do I go about this?

EDIT: I tried the mounting like the post says. Says installed but I don't see the app anywhere.

Upvote 0
In what ways did that change your theme? It should have been all completely stock, iirc.

Screenshot is attached. The icons on the status bar are different, etc.

CPbShW.png

Upvote 0
I think I used the download that someone else posted of the framewrok-res.apk, I didn't check it on my phone. So it might have been modified I guess. I assume you have a custom recovery on your phone? If so you can make a backup of what you have right now, then do a factory reset to pull the framework-res. Then you can restore the backup you just made and modify that stock framework to do what you want.
If you don't like that idea, I can try to mess with it in the next few days when I get some more free time (that isn't taken up by AC: Revelations or Skyrim ;)). If you decide to wait, just send me a PM as a reminder. Otherwise, good luck in getting it how you want! :)

Upvote 0
I think I used the download that someone else posted of the framewrok-res.apk, I didn't check it on my phone. So it might have been modified I guess. I assume you have a custom recovery on your phone? If so you can make a backup of what you have right now, then do a factory reset to pull the framework-res. Then you can restore the backup you just made and modify that stock framework to do what you want.
If you don't like that idea, I can try to mess with it in the next few days when I get some more free time (that isn't taken up by AC: Revelations or Skyrim ;)). If you decide to wait, just send me a PM as a reminder. Otherwise, good luck in getting it how you want! :)

That did absolutely nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones