1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Carrying your Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sleepyEDB, Oct 9, 2009.

?

How will you be carrying your Hero?

1. Pocket (no case)

144 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Pocket with case

99 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Belt Clip / Holster

71 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. Other

14 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. pking

pking Well-Known Member

lmao, thank the gods for the anonymity of the internet. anywhere else and that'd be premeditated insurance fraud ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried any of the Innocase Lock Holster's before? They have one available now for the hero and I was wondering how secure the phone really is when it is in the holster.

3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor
    VIP Member

4. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear they have an aluminum case on the way. Sure they are bulky but they sure save my mogul and my touch pro on several occasions.

5. RadMarv

RadMarv Newbie

1. I have attached a lanyard to the lanyard attachment so it hangs around my neck to avoid any slips and falls.

2. I have it inserted upsidedown in my Instinct case which allows me to attach the USB port easily. I place it in a top left or right pocket when not in use. If I stay with the Instinct case, I am thinking about drilling a small hole in the case to allow attachment to the external speaker jack.

WORKS FOR ME!

6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor
    VIP Member

Any images of yours?

As for the one I posted about, only thing lacking is a opening for the camera. But Its nothing an exacto knife modification can't handle. :)

TS out

7. steveopolis

steveopolis Newbie

I would no way put it in my pocket with out some kind of cover like a zagg, body guardz, or the new thing coming out by Seidio innocase.
    I guard my phone like its precious, i have zagg 360 and a belt clip case.

8. pdragon

pdragon Android Enthusiast

Thank you, twospirits! That's exactly the kind of case I was looking for myself! :)

9. stricklerjosh

stricklerjosh Well-Known Member

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Guest

11. Mrniceguy

Mrniceguy Well-Known Member

I got a screen protector from a kiosk in the mall
    kicks ass
    cost me 20 bucks but it makes the screen slicker and even more scratch proof

12. RadioShackGuy

RadioShackGuy Lurker

I've got a Zagg full body shield for it, but I dropped it out of the car and it put a scratch where it wasn't protected :( So I had to buy a silicone case but I don't like it, it makes the phone look like a toy. The rubberized shield looks like the best so far. I haven't had good experience with the body glove cases.

13. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Android Enthusiast

What rubberized shield are you talking about? I checked out the HTC case at BB today and liked that it was slimmer than the Sprint case but I feel like the Sprint case gives more protection. I would like a hard case that has a grippy feel too it though.

14. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

I make my own holsters 'cause I typically don't like the commercially available ones. That, and I always end up with phones which are so new that there's nothing available for them yet. I'll be doing the same for my Hero, however I want it to fit the Hero while it's in a Seidio Innocase and I won't be getting mine until tomorrow or Saturday. Then the cutting, dying, and lacing begins.

I've attached photos of the last one I made for my Touch Pro. It looks basically the same as the ones I've made for every phone I had since the Treo 300 and will almost certainly look the same as the one I'll make for my Hero.

Pete

Attached Files:

alxrock likes this.
  15. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Android Enthusiast

That sir is completely bad ass. May the geek gods smile on you for the rest of your interweb days.

16. FrogSplatter

FrogSplatter Newbie

Not having a cell in over 7 years i jumped into the Sprint Hero with a Gel case. After a week of carrying it in my hand I decided to holster it. However I wanted a holster that fit my Hero with the Gel case still on it. So Gel case + screen protector + Holster

HTC Matte Leather Horizontal Pouch - Original (OEM) 82024

17. CoolDroid7

CoolDroid7 Lurker

I use a hard case and in may front left pocket,
    i dont use a screen protector. with no scratches on the screen

18. snow

snow Newbie

No protection, front pants pocket, sometimes left, sometimes right but always with nothing else in the pocket. I drop it in my shirt pocket every now and again too, esp. when walking around the office - of course, that's how my touch pro went for a swim last week, so I should probably stop doing that.

19. pdragon

pdragon Android Enthusiast

20. dannzeman

dannzeman Lurker

Ever since I got my first smartphone about 5 years ago it's always gone in the front left pocket, no case. I've tried belt clips and cases but I just don't like them.

21. cajunman4life

cajunman4life Newbie

22. lrosenman

lrosenman Newbie

I'm actually using the case from my (now @sprint) TP.

23. Mrniceguy

Mrniceguy Well-Known Member

i really should have used a case for my tp... that thing had more ding's than a gas station a rush hour

24. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor
    VIP Member

No problemo.
    Are you going to leave it as is or do the exacto knife treatment to make the hole in the back for the camera. I might do that.

TS

25. RadioShackGuy

RadioShackGuy Lurker

That's the one I was talking about. There are lots of different colors and they're cheap. I want something that's going to be slim yet still protect it. If they make real carbon fiber cases for our phones, I would definitely consider getting one.

DRO Concepts: Carbon Fiber Cases for iPhone, iPhone 3G, and Laptops

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews