• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Carrying your phone in your back pocket.

Do you carry your phone in your back pocket?

• No

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No. That's stupid

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

vice86

Jan 17, 2011
PA/NJ/NYC
i was called stupid and other things for mentioniing I carry my Note in my back pocket..."so you have to pull it out everytime you sit down? That's stupid!!!"...lol.

Do you carry your phone in your back pocket? If i have a jacket on then I put it in the coat pocket.

Might be OK, as long as you remember to take it out before you sit down....CRUNCH!!! Of course you might forget to put it back in your rear pocket when you get up, that could be bad, especially in a public place.

Beware pickpockets as well. An expensive looking Galaxy Note hanging out of a rear pocket could be rather tempting. I'd certainly never keep a wallet in a rear pocket.

Always carry my phone in front trouser pocket even when I'm wearing a jacket, as Mongolian style jackets don't usually have pockets.

Upvote 0
Might be OK, as long as you remember to take it out before you sit down....CRUNCH!!! Of course you might forget to put it back in your rear pocket when you get up, that could be bad, especially in a public place.

Beware pickpockets as well. An expensive looking Galaxy Note hanging out of a rear pocket could be rather tempting. I'd certainly never keep a wallet in a rear pocket.

Always carry my phone in front trouser pocket even when I'm wearing a jacket, as Mongolian style jackets don't usually have pockets.

Same here. I carry my phone in my bag (if I'm carrying one), the inside of a jacket pocket or in summer my front pants pocket.

Upvote 0
@op i can understand why you put your phone in the back. the note is just too big for me. my friend has it and i used it to make a call and i just felt very silly with it.

for me if a phone can't fit in my front pocket then it is too big.

and i also take my phone out when i am going to be sitting. but i usually where baggy shorts so it still can be in my pocket comfortably.

Upvote 0
front left pocket is for the phone. the front right pocket is for keys. i never have my keys and phone in the same pocket.

:ditto:
I usually only see women carry their phones in back pockets as their front ones are next to nothing. Still considering getting a Note 2 but am just afraid that there's no way it'll fit in any of my pockets. My Gnex is already pushing it on some of my pants.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Ok, so there was a particular word that was being used in this thread that got reported a few times. Even though I removed it, I would recommend people to please read the context of what is being said as well as the words being used. It wasn't an aimed insult (the OP was referring to what other people called him), so technically it wasn't against the rules. But, as I said, I removed it. I felt it would detract from the thread too much if left in.

That said, I personally wear carpenter jeans all the time, so I keep my phone in my side right pocket and my front pockets keep pocket change, keys, etc.

Upvote 0
I keep my phone in my left side pocket of my pants, shorts, etc, always, it is a deep pocket and will never fall out. Jacket pockets are usually risky and could involve it falling out when you move.

Back pockets are not the best idea either, from personal experience, my girlfriend has dropped her phone into the toilet like 4 times now, LOL, because she has it in her back pocket, i shouldn't need to explain the whole process of how though.

Anyhow back pockets are badddd :)

Upvote 0
actually i just had this done:
34900973.jpg

JK that is not me:D

Upvote 0
All of my phones have found their place in my right front pocket. I just could not think of putting it anywhere else. I never keep anything else in that pocket either. Phone only because I don't want anything else in there that my scratch the screen.
This, 100%. Phone alone in right front pocket. Left has wallet, keys, sometimes headphones. Wayyy too paranoid to risk having my phone in my back pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones