1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Case Advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Desertrobot, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Desertrobot

Desertrobot Lurker

Hi everyone, I just had the pleasure of finally receiving my HTC One M8, so far I bought two cheap cases, a rugged one and a slim clear one.

One of the main things I wanted to do with this phone was use the IR blaster, however, I dislike the slimness of the clear case (which is clear over the IR blaster, but doesn't provide any protection), but then I can't use the IR if I use the rugged case.

TL;DR

So I'm looking for a case which is rugged, and has a clear window over the IR blaster, however I don't want the window to be a hole, I want it to be clear plastic so the power button is still protected. So far I only have the Supacase Unicorn Beetle in mind, which has clear plastic over the IR and is also rugged, but I'm not too crazy about the design. Are there any other cases like this I can look at?

THANK YOU

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums Desertrobort. Those are some pretty specific requests. I haven't seen any cases like that for any phones yet. Well there was this huge waterproof enclousure fr Pocket PCs back in the day Let me see if I can find a link.

UPDATE:

Turns out that one didn't have access to the IR blaster either.

3. kalaster

kalaster Android Enthusiast

I am actually using the supcase unicorn beetle case and I can say its pretty decent. The IR blaster does work with the case on. The power bottom feels pretty good, makes it nice and clicky. Volume buttons are really mushy though. I personally don't mind the design and it feels solid and rugged. If you have any other questions about the case, feel free to ask away. :eek:

4. doc1964

doc1964 Android Enthusiast

I have the spigen clear case. Available on Amazon for

5. swerver32

swerver32 Android Enthusiast

your tldr was longer than the original message! :p

Sorry I have no case advice, how can you cover up this beautiful piece of art.

6. nightowl66

nightowl66 Well-Known Member

Otterbox commuter, no cover for power button, but rugged

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews