1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Case and screen protector or full body skin

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leonardotmnt, Jun 3, 2011.

1. leonardotmnt

leonardotmnt Newbie
    None

May 23, 2011
    I've decided I'm definitely getting the DINC2 as soon as I can in June. I'm thinking of getting the HTC TPU case and a Phantom Skinz screen protector. Would this be a good combo? What exactly is the benefit of getting the full body skin as opposed to just a screen protector? Does it replace a case or just give it more grip/protection? Also, what is the orange peel effect I keep reading about? Does it refer to the screen protector peeling off from an edge?

Advertisement

2. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    I've had the full body on other phones and liked it. I don't know how it would work on the Dinc2 being that the back has such a unique shape. The skin would be instead of a case, you don't need both. I love the shape and size of the Dinc2 now, not sure if I want to put a case on this one. I hate the bulkiness of cases.

3. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    IT bitch
    Hell's Outhouse
    I'll echo what stealthman said. I've been contemplating a case for this, but honestly, I don't think I'd like one. It's got such a great feel.

As far as screen protector, Seido supposedly have good ones. I put one what I got from Verizon, which is antiglare. I had issues with it initially, but after a few weeks it's fine. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of it though, and I completely understand that.

4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    My understanding of the skin (full body) is that you would use it without a case to have the naked look while maintaining full surface protection. The problem as I see it is it doesn't offer any impact protection (like if you dropped it).
    I hear good things about the TPU cases, but I will always go for a quality hard case like Seidio or Otterbox (I prefer the Seidio because it is so low profile, but many really like the otterbox).
    The orange peel effect is like the surface of an orange. Almost dimpled, almost textured. If you tilt your device in the light you will notice the orange peel effect, but likely wont otherwise.
    I think a TPU case and screen protector sounds like a good combo if you really want a seemless look, but if the seemless aspect isn't as important to you, I still recommend a hard case.
    On a side note: some say the DInc2 has Gorilla Glass and that there is no need for a screen protector, but I always use them since a good one doesn't effect the performance or use and gives MORE protection (no screen is perfect or impervious)

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    I had a screen protect in my Eris for about a week and hated it ... Went fully naked for 21 months and didn't have any stuffs in either the glass or the body ... Doing the same with my DINC2

6. tracker928

tracker928 Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Just bought a Verizon DINC2 from Wirefly and it was delivered Thursday. Found this forum so I just registered... 1st post.

I bought both the skin AND full body (plus screen protector) from Firefly when I bought the phone. I had a Blackberry for 3 years with the full body and thought it protected it well. Put the skin on the dinc2 and a day later, replaced it with the full body. Does not feel bulky at all. I just think the full body will offer better protection. Just my opinion.

Tim

7. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    Welcome to the site tracker928