1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories Case for R2D2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbwrath, Oct 5, 2010.

1. rbwrath

rbwrath New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Hi everyone...

So I just ordered a D2 R2D2 and should be getting it in tomorrow. And I'm now in a bit of a catch-22.

1. Must protect beautiful phone
    2. If case is not transparent, I can't show off the phone

So the question of the day: Are there any quality clear cases? I'm looking around and all I'm finding is cheap <$5 crappy cases that apparently break easily and scratch on the inside (which is ******ed btw).

Some help?

Advertisement

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    NJ
  3. sixt3denied

sixt3denied Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Verizon sells a clear hard plastic case on their website. Its kina like acrylic - so its totally clear. It is 2 pieces - one clips on the back of the phone, and the other is a more like a clear frame that clips on the front. Phone still slides open etc. Case is perfect for my R2D2.

4. Grind

Grind New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I have the clear case from VZW, but my concern is the scratches that the case will put on the phone. Every other phone I've had with a cheapo case has gotten scratches and wear marks from the inside of the case. On any other phone, I wouldn't worry about it, but I don't want to bork up my R2D2's artwork.

Would a clear acrylic case still fit over the Zagg skin?

5. Grind

Grind New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I'll answer my own question: Yes.

I put the Zagg Max Coverage on my R2 and the clear case still fits. It's snug, but it does indeed fit.