• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

case for someone who hates cases?

SUroot

Extreme Android User
May 25, 2010
Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
I love my S3 naked. I really don't want a case but I think I need one.

I have to dings in the bezel already that spoil my enjoyment that need covering up. One in the top-left corner, on the top side of the corner and another (more a crack) in line with the right side of the micro USB port (moving forwards).

I've had a barely there case before and it was ok but was still quite substantial.

What I'd really like is a slight bumper around the bezel without affecting the thickness. Also though, I hate the pebble back. I love the rest of the phone but the back battery cover has always bothered me aesthetically.

Based on this above, has anyone any suggestions? I have $25 USD amazon.com voucher (My Boss is American and probably not aware of Amazon.co.uk) to waste...

Thanks in advance... I've got case blindness.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well, the bottom has to be open around the port so that you can access it to charge.

Good luck finding something to your liking.

Thanks.

Yeah its just the bezel I want to hide from view really. The port itself is fine. Its just a top-view I need to hide it,

So things like this do that job...

41d9cChmQqL._SS400_.jpg

But so ugly and quite substantial. If I were to go for substantial, I quite like this...

312BMjs1suL._SS400_.jpg

Which meets none of my criteria but quite like it...

310OzKGqNBL._AA300_.jpg

Just doesnt look like it glides in and out of the pocket that well..

GAH I HATE THIS!!!

Upvote 0
elago slim case on amazon. about $9. I hate cases but this is one of those barely there cases. Definitely check it out. I needed it for grip so it wouldn't slide out of my pocket at work. Works great and keeps the phone slim. It's not a sticky case either. Just a slight rubberized feel but it's still firm and protective.

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Thanks.

Yeah its just the bezel I want to hide from view really. The port itself is fine. Its just a top-view I need to hide it,

41d9cChmQqL._SS400_.jp

But so ugly and quite substantial. If I were to go for substantial, I quite like this...

312BMjs1suL._SS400_.jpg

310OzKGqNBL._AA300_.jpg

GAH I HATE THIS!!!

I have that case in black, and it really is not problem getting it in and out of the pocket. I used to never have cases on my phone, but when I got this one, I decided I needed to protect it. I like the case a lot.

Upvote 0
Where can you find that grey case? The 2nd one.

Thanks.

41d9cChmQqL._SS400_.jpg

312BMjs1suL._SS400_.jpg

310OzKGqNBL._AA300_.jpg

GAH I HATE THIS!!!

I have that case in black, and it really is not problem getting it in and out of the pocket. I used to never have cases on my phone, but when I got this one, I decided I needed to protect it. I like the case a lot.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I hate cases, but after my phones screen cracked I figured it would be better to buy one, you know just in case.

I ordered this one off of amazon, it doesnt add bulk (well not a lot) and the white matches my phone real well. I would recommend it to anyone who hates cases, as far as protection I wouldn't know I havent dropped my phone yet. :)

Amazon.com: Mercury Slim Fit Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, White: Cell Phones & Accessories

I can post pictures of the case if you need me to.

source: I spent hours(about 12) looking for a case that would keep my phone protected, and didnt add bulk to it. This one was the closest one to my need.

I believe there is thread over at xda, about cases, you might wanna check it out. its pretty useful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones