1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Case killing WIFI signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steeped, Jun 13, 2012.

1. steeped

steeped Member

Apr 9, 2012
    I got one of those rubber/plastic $10 cases for my Amaze. It's decent, but it seems to be killing the WIFI signal. When I am in the same room as my router, the internet works fine, but when I am a few rooms over, I have to take the case off to get a signal.

Does this happen with every case?

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    No. And it's not really possible for a plastic or rubber case to affect the signal.

3. steeped

steeped Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Apparently it is possible. With the case on, I have no signal. Once I take the case off, I have a strong and steady 2/4 bars.

4. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    School
    Bronx NY
    Did the issue resolve itself?
    The only case that should effect signal is an aluminum case. So a rubber case really shouldnt be a problem to the amaze. I am using the Kraken AMS and its a huge case and i have no problems with losing signal.

5. UnModified

UnModified Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Male
    The Badlands
    It is possible. I was stuck in a hotel for two weeks recently, the wifi provided was weak in my room and if I removed my incipio silicon case, my connection would improve a bit. Also, if I placed my hand/thumb over the top right edge of the phone my connection would all but disappear. If you have a very good wifi connection it is probably not an issue or noticeable but if you are fighting for a weak connection, it is very noticeable.

6. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    School
    Bronx NY
    That maybe what he experienced. Because i never have problems with wifi, but thats always on my home wifi.

Tags: