1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Case-Mate Pop review (fits with extended battery!!!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gobluejd, Dec 23, 2011.

1. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

crankerchick and budwizer like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Love mine.

3. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

I love it as well. Switch between this and my Seidio Surface.

4. rfdong

rfdong Member

I had a Seidio surface for my droid X but I only thought it was so so as the tabs broke off the corners and it was only a marginal fit for the extended battery. Can you tell me how the Case mate goes together?

5. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

Just slips in. It is one piece. See the picasa link for pics.

budwizer likes this.
  6. Nexeo

Nexeo Newbie

Saw the Invisible Shield pic in your picasa link, does that screen protector mess up the front facing camera?

7. mcchea

mcchea Lurker

I've read on some Amazon reviews that the cutout for the mini-usb port is too small to fit even the standard charger. Do you have this problem? Also, since the volume rocker and power button are covered does it still feel clicky when you push them or is it more like an unsatisfying mushy feeling?

8. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

I have not tried. Will try tomorrow.

Yes I just noticed with the car charger. My old HTC, new Samsung and shorty I have all work fine.

9. JSK

JSK Newbie

What? Where did you find this landscape mode dock? All the ones I saw were portrait and if they had a spare battery charger it was some off brand. Is that the one from Verizon?

Where did you snag it and what is the part number if I may ask. Does the charger fit the extended battery? (Ah, its originally for the Galaxy S? And just happens to fit? How does it charge sitting like that? With an attached cable and not via the dock?)

Also, did your OEM charger plug fit fine with the Pop on?

10. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Standard samsung charger fits perfectly. My generic vzw car charger doesnt, but thats nothing a dremel cant fix.
    Volume buttons are same, but the power button is less clicky than before. It took me a minute to get used to, but i actually like it now.

11. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

I don't have a doc. The OEM one fits fine.

12. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

Any issues using the volume rocker? I have another case that has rubber buttons covering the rocker, and sometimes it gets "stuck."

13. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

No problems what so ever. Been using since Wednesday and been in and out of meetings where I have been using the rockers allot.

I will say I threw another battery in and the case does add some bulk as this phone felt very thin while holding it naked. After a few days you forget that.

14. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Newp

15. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

Finally just received mine today. So far I am liking it however as previously mentioned it does add some bulk. I am coming from the Verizon Shell/Holster combo so I did notice the extra size however it is not bulky. My main reason for wanting the case was to be able to use my extended battery. Fits in the case nicely with the extended battery along the extended battery cover.

Also no issues for me with USB cable incompatibility as I have tried several different brands/types and can confirm all of the following work:

Micro-USB Cable:
    - Samsung OEM Micro-USB cable (One that comes with the Nexus)
    - BlackBerry Micro-USB cable
    - Motorola Micro-USB cable
    - Seidio retractable charge/sync Micro-USB cable

Car Chargers:
    - RocketFish Micro-USB charger
    - Motorola Micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger
    - Verizon Micro-USB Dual Vehicle Power Charger w/USB port

Only immediate complaint that I have is that the power button and volume rocker are easy to accidentally press. Was used to them being recessed within the Shell I was previously using. Not a dealbreaker for me and I'm sure I will get used to having them more easily accessible within a day or two.

Overall I'd say it is great case and give it an 8.5 out of 10.

gobluejd likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews