1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Case Mates Pop! case sucks.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fr0stTr0n, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Fr0stTr0n

Fr0stTr0n Well-Known Member

So I figured since I went through this, I'd share my experience to ossibly save other people grief and the returning and refunding expenses if they turn out to also dislike this product.

I got my lovely white Galaxy Note 2 last night to replace my water damaged Note 1 a few months ago and the salesman gave me a $10 discount on a Case Mate Pop! case from the store. It looked pretty good as I like the white/gray scheme in general so I took it home last night and proceeded to play and configure my new Note 2

Within 5 minutes or less, my hands started to ache horrible from the wide and thick nature of the case, it just felt like I was trying to grip onto something and my hand muscles and tendons just were really mad at me trying to hold the case vertically the whole time.

On top of it, the rubber on the side sticks out enough that the "edge" of the rubber which is pretty stiff jabs into your palms and in my case, cut off circulation and made my hands tingle.

No matter how differently I tried to use my Note 2, the case just made it a real chore and painful to use the phone all around. I took it back today and have placed an order for an Otterbox commuter Glacier that looks like it will fit the bill nicely.

Anyway, just a personal experience that may or may not help some people in finding a case to protect our lovely and beloved Note 2's.

[​IMG]

Case-Mate White/Gray POP Case - Samsung Galaxy Note

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Cid67

Cid67 Member

Just a heads up I highly doubt that case is wider than the otterbox

3. ppfd

ppfd Newbie

I have the same case. The kick stand is a PITA to get out.
    Bought a Seidio Active case to replace it.

4. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast

when i bought my galaxy note 2 at verizon in grand central, the manager told me to get the Verizon shell with kickstand case for my white note 2, the case only comes in black, i was a little hesitant, but after he gave me a discount on it, i bought it (retail price is $32) ...and guess what it fits like a glove and its easy to hold. the kickstand is perfect and when snapped back in place the back feels smooth ...below is my phone wearing the case :)

[​IMG]
    20130104_234042 by Ceva321, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    20130104_234053 by Ceva321, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    20130104_234123 by Ceva321, on Flickr

5. Fr0stTr0n

Fr0stTr0n Well-Known Member

Not bad but like other cases similiar to it, I dont like how it fully protect the upper and lower benzels and corners. VZW made a case similar to that for the Droid X when I had that back in the day.

Kick stand use honestly has no purpose for needs either. I don't buy a $700 phone to watch movies

6. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast

^^^ no me neither BUT it helps to see it upright on my desk :) soi can see it without looking down at it....

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews