• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case or Naked?

Do you keep your phone in a case or keep it naked?

• Case It!

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • Run Free!

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • A Little of Both

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
:D

9eqenyvy.jpg

Upvote 0
I have an Outterbox Commuter case, Zagg screen protector and belt holster for my Atrix4G. My phone won't win any cool looking contest and its very slippery. I wanted a case that had port covers for the micro HDMI, USB and head phone ports. I actually like the feel of the case then the phone its self. I have drop and kicked my phone on concrete a few times with no damage. Even though a belt holster isn't fashionable now, compared to either holding or pocketing it, I prefer the convenience and safety factor of a belt holster.

Upvote 0
After adding a case to my Droid 4, its weight practically doubled--got one of those otter-box like heavy duty cases, but it's by a company called Trident..looks nice and all, but now my phone's a literal brick. ha.

Trident, Otterbox, Ballistic all have bulky cases. However, they do protect your phone. My old EVO is still running strong because it had a Ballistic case for almost 2 yrs.

Upvote 0
After adding a case to my Droid 4, its weight practically doubled--got one of those otter-box like heavy duty cases, but it's by a company called Trident..looks nice and all, but now my phone's a literal brick. ha.

Think of it like this

Would you want a un protected slippery device that you could easily damage...

Or

Enough said :p

Upvote 0
A protective dual layer case is a must with me since I have a propensity to dropkick, hook and launch, and drop phones off my lap when I get out of the car. Also, I spend most of the day on concrete and pavement and I don't buy cell phone insurance (it's a serious waste of money) So with my new phone I'm rockin' a Trident aegis, which ironically makes my new phone almost the same thickness as my last phone was WITHOUT a case. It also makes it easier for me to handle the phone and makes it feel better in my hand due to the size. Lastly I use a screen protector. I work with metal, and always end up with small metal chips in my pockets, I have also caught myself swiping the screen while having a small metal chip on my thumb, I also put the phone in the right pocket on my jeans, where a clip on knife is clipped to my change pocket, with my old phone I didn't have a screen protector, and the screen always hit the clip in the same spot, there were small scratches...and it was gorilla glass.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones