• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

case or no case for new nexus 7

Cases are a very individual thing, and dependant on what level of protection you are trying to achieve. Here's mine (below). It's not the ultimate in protection, but it does extend out front and rear, so will protect the phone from short drops. The metal bumper give it a whole 'nother look though, and because the buttons are CNC overlayed, not just cutouts exposing the device buttons, it is completely sealed from dust getting in there. The back is a replacement (real) carbon fiber back cover, not a cover. Here are the eBay links where I got mine. If you want the for the bumper and end up buying it somewhere else, be sure you get ones with button overlays. Otherwise the device buttons will be recessed and hard to reach.
Carbon Fiber Battery Door Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 | eBay
For Samsung Galaxy S4 s IV Real Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame CAS3 Screen Guard | eBay

20130817_112517.png

Oops! I own a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy S4. I accidentally posted the S4 in the wrong thread. :eek:

Upvote 0
Cases are a very individual thing, and dependant on what level of protection you are trying to achieve. Here's mine (below). It's not the ultimate in protection, but it does extend out front and rear, so will protect the phone from short drops. The metal bumper give it a whole 'nother look though, and because the buttons are CNC overlayed, not just cutouts exposing the device buttons, it is completely sealed from dust getting in there. The back is a replacement (real) carbon fiber back cover, not a cover. Here are the eBay links where I got mine. If you want the for the bumper and end up buying it somewhere else, be sure you get ones with button overlays. Otherwise the device buttons will be recessed and hard to reach.
Carbon Fiber Battery Door Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 | eBay
For Samsung Galaxy S4 s IV Real Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame CAS3 Screen Guard | eBay

20130817_112517.png
Maybe something like a sleeve of some sort.

P.S. the multi touch issues are driving me crazy. Typing this reply alone has been a living hell

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones