• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case Question...

kwalla

Sep 17, 2011
www.solavei.com
Why don't cases like this seem to get much love:

Amazon.com: LG GOOGLE NEXUS 5 SOLID BLACK BASKETBALL TEXTURE TPU RUBBER SKIN COVER HARD GEL CASE + FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR from [ACCESSORY ARENA]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Most that I see.. the back of the case, which is what ends up being faceup all the time, is plain. I want a texture, a design.. something at least a little interesting on the back!

I just got this one. It's silly cheap. Fits great. The only think I may do is get a razor and cut out the rubber over the buttons.

Why don't cases like this seem to get much love:

Amazon.com: LG GOOGLE NEXUS 5 SOLID BLACK BASKETBALL TEXTURE TPU RUBBER SKIN COVER HARD GEL CASE + FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR from [ACCESSORY ARENA]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Most that I see.. the back of the case, which is what ends up being faceup all the time, is plain. I want a texture, a design.. something at least a little interesting on the back!

I just got this one. It's silly cheap. Fits great. The only think I may do is get a razor and cut out the rubber over the buttons.

I like that case too. I agree, a little something is nice, cheap is GREAT. :D

I also like a textured side for grip. THIS is one that I bought. Making the power button hard works better for me .... less turning the screen on randomly. I do use an app to turn the screen back off, just to make life a bit easier.

Upvote 0

I found this interesting. Probably just one of those different strokes things... I *never* put my smartphone down on it's screen (even with a case). Whether I want to look at something on the screen or it is off, it always rests on it's back. This seems so natural to me , I actually did a double take when I read the above.

Funny how we all assume what we do is normal (well, actually, I'm no longer surprised to find out I'm not :D ).

Upvote 0
Based on past experience with high quality well priced Spigen Slim Armor cases, I bought a black one to match my Nexus 5. I couldn't be happier.

SPIGEN Nexus 5 case Slim Armor | Spigen

This case is really what made me think of the boring back... the inside of the case has a neat design -- I want that! All those ridges would be great for fingers to hold better.

It's a fair point that saying most phones end up face down is wrong... at work they often do, a way to avoid seeing the notification lights -- so that's just a culture thing were I work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones