1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

case recommendations?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arkwright, Feb 13, 2011.

1. arkwright

arkwright Member

Anyone care to recommend a good case for the Desire?

Arkie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

It all depends on what type of protection or look you are after.....

3. arkwright

arkwright Member

It's ok thanks guys...

Found a thread on cases. Should have searched harder first time :eek:

4. rwleigh

rwleigh Member

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

moved to accessories section

6. ak29

ak29 Member

Depends what your looking for. Ive tried 3 cases. The otterbox commuter which is good if you want extra protection but the case does bulk up the phone. The otterbox is a more expensive case and also comes with a screen protector. My favorite is the case mate barely there case its nice and slim and still provides some protection and extra grip also comes with a screen protector. If your looking for just something cheap then there's the gel cases which also provide a good grip and some protection.

SUroot likes this.
  7. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I have just bought the barely there based on the name and your recommendation.

I got the white one as I like the contrast. The silver one I imagine, looks cheap

8. Liamalone

Liamalone Member

9. formicae

formicae Member

I've had a Barely There for about a month now and I love it. Lives up to its name, offers protection on the corners, and the black one has the same sort of rubberised finish as the Desire does. Had a gel case before but every time I took the phone out of the case I realised how slender the phone is without it. Never mind that I've seen plenty of drop-damaged Desires that were in gel or silicone cases. And phones that have survived 'naked' drops onto concrete just fine. It's a gamble.

I also ordered a red Barely There clone on eBay; it's all right, but the fit isn't nearly as close as it is on the real thing. I can slide the phone up and down maybe half a millimetre in the case, which means there's usually a gap on two of the corners.

10. SUroot

Yeah the gel cases are thick and make my phone hot, but the corners are now getting a bit damaged...

Hopefully the barely there case arrived today ;)

11. SUroot

Yay. It arrived. It looks awesome. came with yet another screen protector for me to mess up though ;)

12. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member

13. SUroot

Like this more though

[​IMG]

And yes, I am aware of the potential for it looking like an iphone. I have a big green vinyl android sticker coming to me to slap on the back shortly ;)

14. ak29

ak29 Member

lol.

15. formicae

formicae Member

I put a white one on the back of mine (black Barely There) the day I got it; fits the 'flat' area between the curves perfectly, looks great.

16. SUroot

I went for a standard green one. Still not arrived :(
    I saw some wicked ones in the US that were just an outline. Problem was,

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews