• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories case recommendations?

Anyone care to recommend a good case for the Desire?

Arkie

Depends what your looking for. Ive tried 3 cases. The otterbox commuter which is good if you want extra protection but the case does bulk up the phone. The otterbox is a more expensive case and also comes with a screen protector. My favorite is the case mate barely there case its nice and slim and still provides some protection and extra grip also comes with a screen protector. If your looking for just something cheap then there's the gel cases which also provide a good grip and some protection.

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
I've had a Barely There for about a month now and I love it. Lives up to its name, offers protection on the corners, and the black one has the same sort of rubberised finish as the Desire does. Had a gel case before but every time I took the phone out of the case I realised how slender the phone is without it. Never mind that I've seen plenty of drop-damaged Desires that were in gel or silicone cases. And phones that have survived 'naked' drops onto concrete just fine. It's a gamble.

I also ordered a red Barely There clone on eBay; it's all right, but the fit isn't nearly as close as it is on the real thing. I can slide the phone up and down maybe half a millimetre in the case, which means there's usually a gap on two of the corners.

Upvote 0
Like this more though

case-mate-barely-there-case-for-htc-desire-glossy-white-23760106.jpeg

And yes, I am aware of the potential for it looking like an iphone. I have a big green vinyl android sticker coming to me to slap on the back shortly ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones