1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Case recommendations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mat-Moo, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo Active Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Printfetti.co.uk, Chocfetti.co.uk
    UK
    Just wondered if you use a case or any protection in your Hero? I only had screen ptotectors on my old Viewty and wonder if I should use them again on the Hero.

Advertisement

2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I go commando.

3. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    There are a few different ideas in this thread.

I use a Momax TPU case and Full Armor screen protector myself.

4. Lloyd Christmas

Dec 27, 2009
    Texas
    I use Boxwave's anti-glare screen protectors and Seidio's Innocase II Surface case. I really like this combination, although Seidio's case is a little pricey and someone can probably recommend an alternative.

5. Be aware that some cases with magnets can interfere with the compass and orientation of the screen. I got a nice case through ebay. Simple wrap around with a magnetic catch.
    When I fold the front behind the phone to use it the screen orientation wont change.
    Took me a few hour to work out that I hadnt broken my phone.
    If I dont fold the case round tight to the back of the phone, but leave it loose, its fine.

Gordon.

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    I bought EMARTBUY VALUE PACK FOR HTC HERO LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR + COMPATIBLE CAR CHARGER + DIAMOND PATTERN SILICON GEL SKIN COVER/CASE BLACK...
    EMARTBUY VALUE PACK FOR HTC HERO LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR +: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The case fit's perfectly but is harder and more plasticy than I was expecting. I thought it would be more like a Wiimote case.

The screen protectors are fine and do the job. No bubbles underneath and no issues with responsiveness. It felt a bit odd at first compared to directly touching the Hero screen but I soon got used to it.

The car charger is a standard mini-USB charger but does fit the Hero although I haven't actually used it yet to see if it charges.

7. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    UK
    That's very interesting, but what about phone cases?

8. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Technical Director of software company with over 1
    Gibraltar (southern spain)
    i just use a silicon cover..like a second skin for the Hero. Brilliant really, no more stains on my HTC and it only cost me

9. robb01

robb01 Member

Feb 1, 2010

10. AndyFord

AndyFord Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Bristol UK
    I went for genuine HTC screen protectors (Amazon),haven't compared with others,but didn't notice change to screen sensitivity when added. Use cheap silicone case (Amazon) when at home,& got Noreve flip case (MobileFun) to protect it when in pocket! Case fits phone really well & seems well made. Pricey at

11. pinn

pinn Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010

Is that for the Sprint?

12. Lloyd Christmas

Dec 27, 2009
    Texas
    Yes.

13. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo Active Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Printfetti.co.uk, Chocfetti.co.uk
    UK
    Thanks for the info, I think I like the idea of silicon cover and screen protector, won't add much bulk... Currently I'm also commando, wife says it might get dirty though!

Tags: