1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

case with easy access to power button?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hdavuluri, May 24, 2011.

1. hdavuluri

hdavuluri Newbie

Hi,

I would like to get a not too bulky case for my Inspire. I heard many people have problems accessing the power/unlock button frequently with their cases.
    Can you suggest a quality case without such a problem?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

The speck candy shell case is a nice case and makes it very easy to use power button and volume rocker. I got a couple tpu cases from ebay and one of them is a lil difficult with the power button and I had yo place a small piece of rolled up paper between the case and button. The otterbox cases are nice defender is bulky, so maybe the commuter case?

3. hdavuluri

hdavuluri Newbie

thanks. I did hear the otterbox commuter, seido active and casemate pop were pretty good too.
    Any thoughts on which of them gives the least inconvenience in accessing the unlock button?

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

I would say case mate pop or otterbox commuter, the seido active looks ok for the buttons but the camera lens doesn't look well protected so when you lay the phone down the lens would probably touch the surface leading to scratches on and around the lens. So I would suggest also making sure the case has a lip or raised edge that comes up around the camera

hdavuluri likes this.
  5. hdavuluri

hdavuluri Newbie

I guess that brings my choice down to otterbox or casemate. I think i'll go with Otterbox commuter. Thanks a bunch.

6. StandingCow

StandingCow Member

Yea, the otterbox makes finding and pressing the power button much easier. I am loving the case, decent protection, and really good quality.