1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CaseMate Barely There Review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lekky, Dec 19, 2011.

1. lekky

lekky Lover

gobluejd likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

page not found

How about you just post it here.

3. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

This is a *good* thing, in the end, I think, because it's what allows this case to fit with the extended battery, also. :) If it was totally flush with the standard battery, the extended one wouldn't fit.

Otherwise, I agree with the review, this is the best case I've tried yet..

4. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

5. bamaboy

bamaboy Newbie

Im interested in knowing if this will work with the extended battery. I wouldnt want it to pop out of the case on its on if its dropped or anything.

6. lekky

lekky Lover

fixed the link.

clb2196 thats a good point actually, i wonder if anyone has tried it

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Anyone know if this will fit with the VZW LTE version? Though, having a more slippery surface than the actual phone doesn't appeal to me. Reason I hated and removed the Otterbox Commuter off my old Bionic. Thanks for the review, I've seen only one case at my local BB so it's nice to see pics of others.

8. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

looks cheap.

9. galpdawg

galpdawg Android Enthusiast

should have mine in mail tomorrow, will let you know if it fits with extended battery.

10. xDarKnighTx

xDarKnighTx Member

i don't like that its kind of "open" at the top and bottom. dust can easily get trapped in it, which can scratch the back.

11. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

I read in at least 2 places that it works with the extended battery. But I'm not sure if those people were using the standard battery door (which sounds like it might not be a good idea) or the extended one, so that may make a difference.

12. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert

I have had this case since Saturday. I posted in the "cases' thread that it does fit with the extended battery but it moves the case enough that the buttons aren't quite centered in the cutouts and makes it tricky to get to the buttons, especially the power button.

The thinness of the case is perfect for me as I keep my phone in my pocket.

joder likes this.
  13. joder

joder Newbie

Would you be willing to post some pics? I am seriously considering this case and would like to get a visual of how bad it is.

14. RadYOacTiVe

I can post some tonight when I get home from work unless someone posts pics before me.

The case is still very usable with the extended battery but I know on boards/threads like this, people can get real picky!

15. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Excellent review but man whats with it not covering the top and bottom??? It also looks kinda cheap. For $25 I would expect more.

16. ez12a

ez12a Member

Diztronic case costs less than half of that and covers much more area while not increasing thickness by much. Material seems better suited for shock absorption too.

jimmypop13 likes this.
  17. tdub88

tdub88 Android Enthusiast

The phone is already too slippery, even w/ the texturing. If it makes the phone more slippery than it already is, no thanks.

18. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Well-Known Member

hey guys, check out my new case. waterproof, crush proof and it fits the phone wonderfully with its user defined pluck foam.
    [​IMG]

the point of the feather and barely there is that they are minimal and add little to no bulk. i know ill be ordering one soon because i only want the grip texture on the sides and protection against scratches on the back of the phone when i put it down. :rolleyes:

tomato88 and edge like this.
  19. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

That's awesome, how well does it fit in your pocket?

tomato88 likes this.
  20. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

I am a big fan of Barely There cases from Casemate. I have one on my iPhone, iPad2, SG2 and new Nexus and they are top quality. The Nexus like the SG2 is way too slippery and the rubber like feel of the Barely There case are perfect. The feel reminds me of the exterior of my Thinkpads.

No they will not help in a drop but I am not in the habit of dropping my phones and have not in the last few years. Hate bulky cases like the Otterbox thing.

gobluejd likes this.
  21. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

Does this have a belt clip?

22. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Well-Known Member

no it doesn't and that's my only problem with it. i did find that it can attach to an emt duty belt pretty well though.
    [​IMG]
    :D

23. RadYOacTiVe

Pictures with the extended battery and back door. The standard back door bows out too much for me to be comfortable using it.

Nexus Case 1.jpg

Nexus Case 2.jpg

Nexus Case 3.jpg

lekky and joder like this.
  24. galpdawg

galpdawg Android Enthusiast

got mine today. it works with extended battery as you can see from above, but it doesn't feel snug, there is a gap on the bottom where it is supposed to snap in. also with the extended battery and door it makes the power button not as easy to press. Radyoactive you have these issues. maybe mine was a dud

25. joder

joder Newbie

Thank you very much for posting - this will help us decide if we want it or not. The case does look great but I am worried about the lock/power button. The volume rocker looks like it has enough clearance.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews