• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases and screen protectors?

search ebay for LG esteem, if nothing.. search for LG Bryce.. and check the pictures to see if it matched ur phone on the backside.. they have a funky cross thing.. im not sure of the layout.. but cases for the LG Bryce AKA LG Esteem.. have been out for some time and the dimensions of the phone are identical tot he lg revolution

Also.. the codename for the Revolution was Bryce as well b4 it was released..

Reactions: Eddy120876
Upvote 0
search ebay for LG esteem, if nothing.. search for LG Bryce.. and check the pictures to see if it matched ur phone on the backside.. they have a funky cross thing.. im not sure of the layout.. but cases for the LG Bryce AKA LG Esteem.. have been out for some time and the dimensions of the phone are identical tot he lg revolution

Also.. the codename for the Revolution was Bryce as well b4 it was released..

Thats correct Tripdoc. The only way to do a quick test is to have it match to a verizon bryce. I checked on Ebay and all i got was self esteem clothing and some LG Esteem silicon cases and bumpers

Upvote 0
Hey Prime and nemster i believe the best way to test this idea is to see if anybody is brave enough to go to a verizon store and ask one of the employee to test this theory and if does work we know the Verizon rep would sell you the case and protector. Some of the items they never seem to sell as fast as the phone.

"Brave enough"? LoL. If those Verizon employees start giving you hassle for being a MetroPCS customer just remind them that at least you aren't working "in a phone store".

Ok, that might be too harsh of a thing to say. What I ment to say is at least you aren't working for 'Big Red'. :cool:

I will probably swing by a V-store later and take my Esteem for comparison. Will keep you guys posted on my findings.

Upvote 0
I don't have this phone yet but, from what I've seen, it looks like the revo cases would cover the back speaker on the esteem. The revo has a thin speaker on top of the camera, while the est has the speaker opening on the side of the cam.

Good observation, but take a closer look. The speaker is actually higher than the LED Flash. In fact, it becomes more apparent when you remove the phone's back lid cover and the LG Esteem's right speaker is exactly in the same position where the LG Rev right speaker is located. The only difference is that Verizon decided to put a more 'fancy' back lid cover on their phone.

Upvote 0
"Brave enough"? LoL. If those Verizon employees start giving you hassle for being a MetroPCS customer just remind them that at least you aren't working "in a phone store".

Ok, that might be too harsh of a thing to say. What I ment to say is at least you aren't working for 'Big Red'. :cool:

I will probably swing by a V-store later and take my Esteem for comparison. Will keep you guys posted on my findings.

So what did they say ? also the revo has the speaker across and blocks the case :(

Upvote 0
I don't have this phone yet but, from what I've seen, it looks like the revo cases would cover the back speaker on the esteem. The revo has a thin speaker on top of the camera, while the est has the speaker opening on the side of the cam.

All Rev accessories work perfectly on this phone. The only reason the Rev has a "cross" opening is because they have fake speaker holes. The Rev really only has the exact same speaker we have near the LED flash. But their case has fake speaker grille holes extending across over on the right side.

LG_Revolution_2.jpg

LG Revolution
See that LONG speaker grille just above the LED flash? It's FAKE. The speaker is really just like ours behind that back case.

lg-esteem.jpg

All my LG Revolution accessories work perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones