1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Cases for the Moment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dbpaddler, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Dnj

Dnj Member
    None

Jan 17, 2010
    I have been using a blackberry Vertical style case nice and roomy.. they have them at best buy and many other stores like the one below online......the horizontal holster types I tries there fit lengthwise but were too tight in depth & width.....had to squeeze in the Moment and then being too tight against the buttons it turned on the phone also....don't buy one without trying it in the store.

http://www.cases.com/bev6.htm

Advertisement

2. Necrotica

Necrotica Lurker
    None

I just got my Body Glove case in the mail. DO NOT GET IT. The top part doesn't even fit, and the bottom part is so tight I can't get it off. I'm scared I'm actually going to have to cut it off, so there goes $16 down the drain. Plus the first snap-on case I bought (one off of eBay) doesn't fit well, either, so that's $6 wasted there. I had a Seidio case for my old Mogul and it was perfect. I am so upset they aren't making cases for the Moment.

EDIT: I just got the case off by using an old credit card to pry the tabs off. Unfortunately I now have a small white scratch in the black part on the top of the phone. ARRGH. Anyone happen to know what I could use to minimize the appearance of it?

3. dennchappy

dennchappy Lurker
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Im using and old touch pro case from best buy for $31,with a hard protecter case works great!!!

4. thenrik

thenrik Member
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    Hi:

I have a horizontal case with two belt loops and a clip:

Black & Brown Horizontal cell phone cases

You'll see it on the page labeled "X-Large" with a picture of a Reiko case:
    Black extra large case
    Perfect for Sidekick
    Size: 4.5" x 2.5" x 1.0"
    Features:
    High-quality leather like material
    Keeps screen from getting scratched

5. flu13

flu13 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    So now that most people have had their various cases for a while, what are the winners? Who has something that you still like? And what do you like about it? What cases did you pass on, and what did you not like about them?

6. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Male
    Androidholic
    Central Florida
    Anybody did purchased the Amzer

7. fizz

fizz Lurker
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Telecom Analyst
    NYC
    I BEG TO DIFFER, I have used Body Glove for many devices before and they are no exception to my Moment. While it feels a little bulky (which case doesn't for these phones), it is sturdy, and while not the easiest to take off, IT WILL NOT FALL APART ON IMPACT AND WILL PROTECT. I do remove back cover to install/remove adapter for belt clip but have not damaged any part of my phone and don't use anything except my fingers. the way it snaps in is the way it snaps off. just pay attention to where the clips are at the corners and when removing you know which sides/angles to pry off first. easy as cake with patience but this case will not disappoint if it is to serve and protect.

8. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    I picked up one of these about a week ago and mine fits like... well, a glove.

9. redman2563

redman2563 Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    I wholeheartedly agree. I got my body glove from amazon for 20 even. I love this case. gives the phone a nice rugged feel great grip on it. It is a bit hard to take off but its a case, its supposed to stay on. I was a bit skeptic about the case at first because i had previously bought the one from sprint and was a piece of junk. BODYGLOVE FTW! Now i dont care everytime my phone falls out of my pocket.

10. zcarman

zcarman Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    IT Support, Testing, Product Development
    Everett, WA
  11. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    I really didn't get mine for the protection. I got it for those times when I don't have a pocket to put the phone in and want to carry it on my belt. I removed the top side of the protector and it looks a lot less bulky.

12. cre10

cre10 Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2010
    I think the Body Glove cases are junk. My tabs broke off within 12 days. I emailed body glove so they sent another to me free of charge. Same thing happened...

13. decalex

decalex Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Graphic Designer/Art Director
    Orange County, CA
    any way to add a poll or update the first posting of the thread to make this readable -- factoring in user ratings? lots of chitty chat to read thru.. (which I've probably contributed to).

14. nismospec

nismospec Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    I ran into a cop at a pizza hut the other day and I noticed that he had a moment. He had the hard case from daydeal.com It looked pretty good and he said it was a decent fit.

15. Dnj

Dnj Member
    None

Jan 17, 2010

Which model was it exactly that he had?

I prefer the black vertical case for my moment works great..

16. tennaj

tennaj Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    My bodyglove case on my moment was nice for about 2 weeks and then I had to change my memory card, So I had to remove the bottom case and the bottom was a B!tcthh to get off and in the process of removing the bottom the top covers tabs broke off and now the faceplate won't stay on the phone..Verdict: if you never plan on removing the case it should be nice case but the durability is questionable for sure.

17. i VTAK

i VTAK Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Indiana,USA
    Just got the BodyGlove for my wifes moment. First impression, looks like a solid case, but I can see the little tabs breaking off in the future. I'm thinking that getting a decent case for a slider phone is gonna be a hard task. Now I'm just waiting for my Otterbox, so my Hero is protected!!

18. nismospec

nismospec Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    Sorry, didn't get that detailed, just asked him where he got it. It looked like the hard plastic one, definately not the soft/jelly.

19. stuzzy

stuzzy Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    This case has worked awesome for me. I know it's kinda big but it's very secure and keeps my moment very safe. I sometimes work in a construction area so it's important for it to be covered. I know it says for blackberry but the moment fits perfectly. I got mine at the Sprint store.

Nite Ize Official Site

love my moment!

20. hext

hext Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I ordered the first silicon one I found on Amazon. it works fantastic. I did have to modify the covering of the tracball because it was unusable with the rubber over it.

But other than that, teh case works great, and most likely, if you drop it, it will fall flat on its face and the trac ball wouldnt be touched anyway.

21. nismospec

nismospec Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    I was just browsing the online store on this site and I noticed the item that you posted above, only it's cheaper on the forums store....

Nite Ize Cargo Clip Case - Phandroid Store

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.