• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the Moment

Just got this one in this evening, cutouts are a good match for our phone, it clips in well, and the back clip rotates. I've had this type of holder before so I'm trying it out for this phone. And you cannot beat the price. :D

Just ordered this one too...the shipping was more than three times the price of the holster but the total was still only $6.38 :) Hope its the same one pictured above...looks like it

Upvote 0
everyday i check fommy.com gel hybrid case, the release dates changes. now its the 12/26, was 12/29 yesterday. what the heck. might as well just not put up a release date until its available. :thinking: im pretty disappointed that their aren't many cases for this phone out yet. its been a month already. im still stuck with the only available gel case that's on ebay and its butt ugly thick but pretty protective actually, too big to fit in my holster case or any other available case i've seen.

Upvote 0
yeah im skeptic about those holsters with the screen facing out, it seems idiotic.
Honestly the best solution ive found is a hip leather case, i found one that was a perfect fit as been mentioned above it and i put the screen facing my hip so its fully protected=D

The case has cutouts to fit the phone facing out, but it will also hold it facing in if your worried about scratching the screen, except when facing in the cutouts don't match (like the camera and speaker hole on back) but all buttons are accessible. Only issue would be if you wanted to use the 3.5mm audio jack, it is only accessible if the phone is facing out (unless you remove the audio jack cover permanently) Other than that, the cover works either way and seems to hold the phone well. It also has a retention lip on the clip on your belt, so it can't be knocked off your belt very easily, I'm liking it.

Upvote 0
Emailed Seidio, their reply was they have no current plans to support this phone. That gives me pause in considering a purchase. Not because of Seidio directly (although I have grown reliant on their products), but because it confirms my fear for this phone's obscurity. It's not a multi-carrier high-profile device. It's relatively niche. In how many other ways is it not going to be supported while alternatives such as products from HTC get a lot more limelight? Maybe some of this will Change when Sprint bothers to advertise the damn thing, but I think it may be too little too late. So support for extended batteries and other specialized accessories may be very poor. A lot to think about.

Upvote 0
Emailed Seidio, their reply was they have no current plans to support this phone. That gives me pause in considering a purchase. Not because of Seidio directly (although I have grown reliant on their products), but because it confirms my fear for this phone's obscurity. It's not a multi-carrier high-profile device. It's relatively niche. In how many other ways is it not going to be supported while alternatives such as products from HTC get a lot more limelight? Maybe some of this will Change when Sprint bothers to advertise the damn thing, but I think it may be too little too late. So support for extended batteries and other specialized accessories may be very poor. A lot to think about.

Definitely something to think about, but there are a bunch of screens/cases/batteries already out on the market, and some solutions have been figured out that aren't "officially" supported, but will work. I.E. the Samsung Blackjack II external battery charger seems to work charging our batteries. And many generic leather Iphone holders work well. But I've never had too many issues figuring out solutions for niche products (Samsung Moment) that are better than the mainstream products (Droid, Iphone). Especially when they are supported by people in forums like these. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Definitely something to think about, but there are a bunch of screens/cases/batteries already out on the market, and some solutions have been figured out that aren't "officially" supported, but will work. I.E. the Samsung Blackjack II external battery charger seems to work charging our batteries. And many generic leather Iphone holders work well. But I've never had too many issues figuring out solutions for niche products (Samsung Moment) that are better than the mainstream products (Droid, Iphone). Especially when they are supported by people in forums like these. :rolleyes:

You make some good points. I'm probably slightly more concerned about driver support for software issues, as HTC notoriously gets better underground support than other brands, but hardware was an issue. I may have to make some concessions, but it sounds like it's all still manageable. An external charger and additional standard battery might be good enough for my battery concerns. Guess I'll probably still go for it.

Upvote 0
You make some good points. I'm probably slightly more concerned about driver support for software issues, as HTC notoriously gets better underground support than other brands, but hardware was an issue. I may have to make some concessions, but it sounds like it's all still manageable. An external charger and additional standard battery might be good enough for my battery concerns. Guess I'll probably still go for it.

I just passed my 30 day return window from Best Buy and I don't regret it. Good luck and if you join us, welcome to the club. :D

Upvote 0
Those cheap cases suck. They are ugly as hell and they interfere with the use of the touch screen as it is raised around the edges of the screen. Took it off right away. I tried to email the ebay seller about a refund and they never emailed me back. I only spent like 5 bucks though so I don't care much about the refund. Just have a screen protector now and am happy with it.

Upvote 0
Not entirely true. the Innocases are phone specific, and the cheap snap on cases from China add considerable bulk. Seidio also does a good job with extended batteries. If the Moment isn't considered a big enough seller by the 3rd parties, we'll be in a black hole for those two specific items.

Finding good generic items is one thing, but certain things require a phone specific solution. If you end up with the stepford child you'll have to do without. Funny, because another great phone (well I won't deem the Moment great by any means), their old i500 Palm phone, was phenomenal and never got it's due, and it sold very well, but Sprint in their godawful wisdom abandoned it and it's successor throwing their weight behind the Treo and thus dooming Samsung's Palm line and any ability to stray away from the boring candy bar factor. Not that Samsung gets a raw deal. You have to fight the fights that are worth fighting. And maybe this isn't it in their eyes. But I'll be less inclined to buy another Samsung smartphone after this. Accessory support is key as is mfg support.

I also don't agree that the Moment is better than the alternatives. It's just different.

Upvote 0
Are there any leather cases that are completely covered? I see some with holes in the corners but I need one that would resist dirt and sand as much as possible due to my line of work.

That's going to be a search, I'd hit your local Best Buy / Walmart / Target and see what fits the phone, Nite Ize: Manufacturer of Innovative Technology has some enclosed holders, they are also carried at Home Depot / Lowes. I picked up an Iphone holder at a local flea market that fits this phone perfectly, but there is no name or reference I can give anyone, just these pictures.
Moment%20Cases

SprintPhoto_bjwx0z.jpg

SprintPhoto_bo5k5z.jpg

Upvote 0
That's going to be a search, I'd hit your local Best Buy / Walmart / Target and see what fits the phone, Nite Ize: Manufacturer of Innovative Technology has some enclosed holders, they are also carried at Home Depot / Lowes. I picked up an Iphone holder at a local flea market that fits this phone perfectly, but there is no name or reference I can give anyone, just these pictures.
Moment%20Cases

SprintPhoto_bjwx0z.jpg

SprintPhoto_bo5k5z.jpg
i got one sorta like that,was 4.93 shipped of the bay,also got the body glove one,i might have to take my dremal to it for the slide to be smooth.the little stand thing is cool though...its still brand new if anyone wants it!!

Upvote 0
I bought this HTC case at Best Buy last night and I'm really happy with it. They had two cases I found that the phone fit in, a rocketfish and this one. The RF was $19 and this one was $31. I would have just gotten the cheaper one but it looked ugly and very large, and had about .25" too much space on the end. The more I looked at the fit of the HTC and the looks of it, I went ahead and ponied up the extra $12 and got it instead.

I looked at BB online to link it but the one they have on the web isn't the same case. This one is item 82024LRP. I did see it online at a few other places for cheaper than BB. YMMV...

HTC%20case%20003.jpg

HTC%20case%20004.jpg

HTC%20case%20005.jpg

HTC%20case%20006.jpg

HTC%20case%20007.jpg

Upvote 0
You know I started wondering...why don't they make battery covers with colors and designs? Like how the Rant came with a black swirl and a purple back. I would think it would be easier and cheaper to make then these molded hard cases! I just think it would be cool if you could just switch out the battery cover to a design to fit your mood! Ya know?! ;)

Upvote 0
You know I started wondering...why don't they make battery covers with colors and designs? Like how the Rant came with a black swirl and a purple back. I would think it would be easier and cheaper to make then these molded hard cases! I just think it would be cool if you could just switch out the battery cover to a design to fit your mood! Ya know?! ;)

I like this idea! Sometimes its the simplest thing that can please us even when it comes to such a complex little phone/computer/toy :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone has tried this one yet... but I got this case a few days ago and I love it.

Buy Samsung Moment M900 Rubberized Hard Plastic Case - Red w/ Free Shipping @ AccessoryGeeks.com

It snapped right on perfectly.. and it actually makes my moment feel more solid and durable. The small wiggle from slide out keyboards is gone now. I am really pleased with it. And at 14 bucks.. with the option of engraving it.. pretty nice deal.

Looks like the one I just got in from DayDeal (well actually DayDeals ebay store, much cheaper). It's a lot thinner than the "official" case from Sprint and doesn't seem to lift the slider and catch like that one did. I think it will work for me...at least for now, I have 3 more cases on order! ;)

Upvote 0
I simply have a SkinIt for the back of my phone. I gave the feeback that the front covers the sensors when I received mine but the back fit rather nively. i will try to get a pic up later tonight of it. Fitment is very nice and the cutouts for the camera and speaker are right on. That may be an option for a simple change on the back. I like my Clear-Protector.com on the front and my skinit on the back. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones