1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cases for the Student Edition?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Suma3da, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Suma3da

Suma3da Lurker

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 "Student Edition" Keyboard *First Look* - YouTube

Heyas folks I was wondering if anyone had some advice on case that would work well with the student edition's keyboard dock. Judging by the video the Tab needs to be able to fit into the dock fairly snugly so most leather cases won't due. Damn Samsung for making it White! If it was a darker color I'd buy the student edition no problem, but I'd hate to be constantly wiping down the all white body.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Actually you won't be wiping it down like that unless you've got some grimey hands. I don't plan on putting mine in a case.

3. Jazzy79

Jazzy79 Member

I was wondering the same thing. I just bought the bundle yesterday and looking for a case and screen protector that fits the tab right.

4. RichardSeq

RichardSeq Member

Fry's had a similar sale instead it was a leather envelope and a Black Samsung Galaxy Tab.

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Once the tab is inserted into the keyboard dock, there's literally no room for a case to be used in conjunction with it. I'm looking at mine now and the tab fits so snug that I cant even slide a piece of paper behind it.

6. AnciusD

AnciusD Android Enthusiast

@Suma3da
    I was worried about the white color before I bought it too but now I'm glad I did. I don't see any problems with fingerprints.

I read where someone accidentally bought a case from Costco for the 10" GT2 for his wife and then she discovered it was perfect for the 7", putting the 7" tab in the accessory pouch and the keyboard where the 10" tablet was designed to go. Sorry, can't find the details now. The brand was "something-ex" (not Blurex).

7. AnciusD

I bought these for myself:

Screen protector (3x). I like the non-glare finish.
    Amazon.com: Fosmon Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 - 3 Pack: Computers & Accessories

Case, snug fit but it's a good design. I was worried after reading the comments but after a few days of use, I have no complaints. Simple, cheap. Works for me.
    Amazon.com: Accessorise (TM) Neoprene Zip Sleeve Case Cover (Black) for Google Nexus 7, Amazon Kindle Fire 7-Inch Tablet / Amazon Kindle Touch 3G / Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G / Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 / Lenovo Ideapad A1 / Coby Kyros 7-Inch: MP3 Play

I'm happy with both of them.

8. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I know which post you're talking about--forgot the name too. But any 10" neoprene pouch with an additional pocket will work just fine.

9. AnciusD

Found it! :) Here's the thread:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2/610851-new-tab-2-a.html#post4896240

I've been eyeing this one from Walmart for future consideration:
    Professional Tablet Sleeve with Accessories Pockets, 10.2" Tablet Sleeve, Neoprene Tablet Sleeve, Tablet PC Case
    Need to get the ruler out and check the dimensions, just to be safe.
    [update] Seems it might be a very close fit. The KB is just under 11", the case says 10.8" long.

10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

LOL!! I had no intentions of looking for the thread. Thanks for your effort.
    I'm not big on patterns so I picked up a solid color neoprene pouch.

11. AnciusD

It was driving me crazy, so I had to re-find it. :D

Yes, me too. The flowery pattern doesn't suit me, either. Hence, the Walmart one on my radar.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews