• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have the Siedio Surface case which I like a lot but my only concern is if the two part case would survive a drop and still protect my Nexus. It looks like the Revision 3 Diztronic will do a decent job without the concern of a two part case coming apart.

I may just pick up a Diztronic case as a backup; I just wonder if it will fit in my Seidio surface holster.

Upvote 0
So I now just ordered this cheap ass case from Amazon for $2. It caught my eye back around the release week. The tactile feedback from the volume rocker on the VZW case isn't that great; and I find it difficult at times to press the power button with the cutout.

I have this case on mine. I love it, the grips on the side are awesome and really help the feel of the phone.

Upvote 0
I got the carbon fiber skin from Skinomi (was so hard to put on and had to peel off because the battery door wouldn't fit on after taking it off) and then I got the famous Incipio feather case which I couldn't stand. The buttons were so hard to push. The cut on the right side of the phone was really weird and I almost had to look at the button so I could see where to push it. I am still undecided on a case because I want it to be perfect! I wish there were more skins that actually worked...I love the original feel of the phone without a case. I have a Skinomi screen shield and although it started peeling, I contacted customer service (I got it through Amazon) and they apologized and shipped me out a new one the same day, only asking me to take pictures of the shield so they could improve their product. For the price of a Skinomi shield on Amazon and the high level of customer service, I highly recommend it. As for the case, I am perplexed. Everyone says great things about the Diztronic but from the pictures it looks like the cut for the button on the right isn't centered, kind of like the Incipio feather. I'm lost!

Reactions: kylecummins
Upvote 0
Will the Seido surface case fit the phone using the XO non-case screen protector?

Or does any one know which case would fit well without messing up the XO screen protector? or maybe a case that will overlap the screen protector.

Thanks.

Nevermind, I went back and few pages and read some posts about some cases that will work.

Now, How bout a belt clip that will work for the Diztro?

Upvote 0
I was looking at the Tuxedo, how is the fit?

If fit snug for me, pretty much exactly like the diztronics R3.

The Tuxedo does not have a cutout for the volume rocker, but instead has like it's own little volume rocker that presses your volume rocker.

Between the two cases, I actually liked the volume rocker cover on the Boxwave, but preferred the less slippery matte finish of the diztronics to the glossy finish of the Tuxedo.

If I had to recommend one, I'd say go Diztronics. If you want a glossy case, the Tuxedo is solid.

Upvote 0
I have this case on mine. I love it, the grips on the side are awesome and really help the feel of the phone.

Cool, that's good to know because I personally prefer the buttons covered.

I tried out the Incipio Double Covers at the VZW store today and it felt pretty good. It covers both the volume rocker and PWR buttons and the tactical feedback from the buttons was excellent; just how I like it and much better than the VZW UTP glossy silicone cover I have. It did have one negative; the silicon undercover was really lose on the sides and not snug at all. You could easily use your finger to raise it up.

Upvote 0
Diztronic finally arrived. It isn't the end-all-be-all like you would think from reading this thread, but it is a decent case (especially for the price). The cutouts make the power and volume (power especially) buttons a little difficult to operate and the case is a little too slippery. I was hoping for something a little grippier. It isn't as slick as the phone itself, but close.

My .02

Upvote 0
Diztronic finally arrived. It isn't the end-all-be-all like you would think from reading this thread, but it is a decent case (especially for the price). The cutouts make the power and volume (power especially) buttons a little difficult to operate and the case is a little too slippery. I was hoping for something a little grippier. It isn't as slick as the phone itself, but close.

My .02

That stinks, that seems to be a big problem with the cases I'm coming to find. I hope I don't end up having to return them

Upvote 0

My .02

I personally think the Diztronic is close to the best you are going to get. Cutouts may seem awkward at first, but now I don't even notice them. If you want it to be grippier, order the glossy one, not the matte one.

Upvote 0
i ordered the diztronic just to see how it compares to my seidio surface. there is one and only one thing that i don't like about the surface case, it's difficult to remove and you can easily break it if you're not careful while removing it. i use the cardock (not the three pin one, but the other one) and occasionally swap out batteries so i take the case off a few times a week.

now that the diztronic case has the cutouts i'll give it a try. i'm hoping it's easier to remove than the seidio surface, and if quality is on point i'll keep it. i'll be keeping my seidio case as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones