• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So overall, which do you like better and why? Which case has a better grip?

Thanks!

That's tricky, the matte diztronic case feels smoother which is nice, but not good for grip. It also has a small (can be seen in my pics) imperfection that bugged me on the bottom left. The cruzer has the same thing on the tip right, which doesn't bug me cause my finger never touches it.

The texturing in the cruzer case makes it feel less soft, but is a big plus for grip so that's great.

I think as long as you get a good color the Cruzer is better, some of the colors make it look unprofessional/childish/cool. (< which could be great if thats what you're looking for). The black diz case looks very suave.

Upvote 0
I have Ditztronic rev 1. Did they change the finish on it between rev 1 and rev 3? If not, then my review applies to the rev 3 as well. Background: I cut out the volume buttons on my ditztronic on day 2 of ownership. Used it for 4 weeks and now have the cruzerlite cases in smoke, red, and blue. I use all the cases with extended battery and replacement door.

My initial impression with the cruzer lites was positive but just a wee bit peeved that the opening around the power button is not quite as wide as on the ditztronic, so the button is slightly harder to press. Its more in line whit how the verizon tpu case fit my rezound. Its not a dealbreaker, just an observation.

I too have noticed that deoending on which way you put the case on, the cutouts may align differebtly. When my cutouts for camera are slightly off (but still not covering the camera in any way), the power cutout actually aligns better to ky satsifaction for pressing the button.

I actually really like the cruzer lite case much better than the ditztronic. It has a more textured feel on the back so it is less slippery. It also has ridges and texture on the sides. It is not a lint magnet because it is more of a rubbery plastic feel, which i again prefer over the ditztronic. Lastly, it is ever slightly thicker than the ditztronic and surprisingly i prefer this. It feels more stable and balanced. I will be keeping my cruzer lite cases and retiring the ditztronic. For $9 its a nice case and certainly preferred over the ditztronic in my case.

Reactions: cruzer_lite
Upvote 0
The Sena Ultraslim arrived on Friday and I may wind up sending it back. The snug nature of the pouch presses the power button on the phone and keeps it awake. This wasn't an issue with the same case for my Dinc since the power button was on top. I may try to turn the case inside out to see if the side seam can be trimmmed down to make room for the power button.

Very disappointing. :mad:

Upvote 0
Does anyone have the new Cruzer Lite case on their phone with a full screen (edge to edge) screen protector? If so, has it pushed any of the edges up?
ive got the full xo, its fine. cruzer is a little tighter than the diz (w/ extended batery)
Is the Cruzerlite easy to get on & off? I change my battery at least once a day. I really like the choices in colors. :)

yup yup. just easy enough to come off when you want it, but not when you dont. perfect.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have the new Cruzer Lite case on their phone with a full screen (edge to edge) screen protector? If so, has it pushed any of the edges up?

Yes I do, with a Zagg Shield and I got it installed at Best Buy (correctly I might add) and I let it cure for 24 hours before I carefully installed the Cruzer Lite green case. No peeling at all.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This review is from ThatDudeButch @ Team BAMF Forums - Home

Here is a link to the original Case Review: Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case

Case Review: Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case

Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case

Cruzer Lite was kind enough to send us a couple of their brand new cases for the Galaxy Nexus. First off, let me start off by saying that not all TPU cases are created equal. Thermoplastic polyurethanes (abbreviated TPU) are a class of polyurethane plastics with many useful properties including elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil, grease and abrasion. This makes it a perfect material for our smart phones. The problem is that many companies use inferior materials and it shows in the end result. I am happy to report that the Cruzer Lite series is probably the highest quality TPU case I have used. I used the case for almost a week before writing this review, and have carried it to Appalachians to hike and climb mountains during the process. The case has been subjected to quite a bunch already in the short time I have used it. The picture below is of the case as of this writing. Please note I have not cleaned the case at all, which is a testament to it's durability.

2a4py4i.jpg

When reviewing this case I graded it on many factors:

BUILD QUALITY: The quality of this case is apparent as soon as you take it out of the packaging. The case is rigid and should provide good padding in case of a short drop, yet flexible enough to provide easy access to the back battery cover by simply pulling it off the phone.

FIT: The case fits perfectly. I am using the OEM extended battery and cover which adds about 2mm of thickness to the back of the phone but the device still fits very well. All of the ports are accessible and the cutouts seem to be laser cut as there are no rough edges.

FEEL: The Cruzer Lite also boasts a smooth feel across the Android backside, but gives a bit of a tactile feel to the rest of the case, so gripping is not an issue. The phone easily slides in and out of pockets and attracts zero lint. The bezel/edge of the case is not over sized so it doesn't give the front profile of the case an unusually thick rim.

PRICE: At just around $10, the case is very cost effective.

CONCLUSION: The Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case is a no brainer. The case is versatile enough to provide protection while out and about, but very easy to remove while at home or work. With a vast assortment of colors and styles, you should be able to find one to fit your personal style very easily. Cruzer Lite is also available with free amazon shipping, check them out at Cruzer Lite

Reactions: Droid Ninja
Upvote 0
The title of this thread should be changed to

"Cruzer Lite Case : The only Galaxy Nexus Case you should buy"

Got my 3 in the mail. Clear, Smoke and green. All 3 are amazing but I am hard pressed to remove the green one. Its an android geeks wet dream. You should all get at least 1 green one. Sooooo nice. Fits with the extended battery perfect.

The discussion is over for best case. This is it.

Upvote 0
The title of this thread should be changed to

"Cruzer Lite Case : The only Galaxy Nexus Case you should buy"

Got my 3 in the mail. Clear, Smoke and green. All 3 are amazing but I am hard pressed to remove the green one. Its an android geeks wet dream. You should all get at least 1 green one. Sooooo nice. Fits with the extended battery perfect.

The discussion is over for best case. This is it.

^+1000
I just ordered this one. I can't wait. I was torn over the green one or the black one but I don't really want a green phone so I went with black.

Upvote 0
Just got my smoke one in. The fit overall is really good; all cutouts align correctly. I really like the clear see-through of the case; and the smoke color really matches the color tone of the phone as well. It feels good in the hand and is light; feels lighter and smaller than the VZW TPU case. It's feel is about the same as my generic Amazon case (HERE). The side grips are not as grippy as the Amazon case, but does provide some adequate grip. It does have a better fitting lip on the front of the screen than the Amazon case. The lip that is adjacent to the volume cutout is a little flimpsy when touched; which I guess is due to there being just a little strip of the case there. It's not as bad by the power button cutout, since the cutout is much smaller here than on the other side.

Overall, it's a really good case and will be keeping it. I actually prefer the buttons covered; so we'll see how I'll get used to the cutouts.

You can see pics of both of these cases HERE.

Upvote 0
Really loving my cruzer lite cases. If i put the case on bottom first, then power button side, then vokume bottin side, the power button lines up much better and my case is perfect. Agree, for anyone looking for a simple case (as opposed to something more protective like the otterbox), this is the only case to consider.

Upvote 0
The clear cruzer lite case with the android figure colored green would make for a pretty epic color combo case.

For people who don't want a green phone but still want to give homage to our green little buddy.

Cruzer, any chance we could see something like that?

EDIT: Epic MS Paint skills FTW

greeneh.jpg

cleaned up a little :)

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 296
  • pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Droid Ninja
Upvote 0
i would think the most cost effective way to do this effect would be to get a applique or a decal, maybe paint, on the inside of the case. i dont think they can actually use a different color TPU in the mold itself.

if you already have this case it would be pretty simple to just get a big green sticker, apply it inside the case, and trim it to fit the android...the color would show through the translucent TPU.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones