1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iTemudjin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. iTemudjin

iTemudjin New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Any good case?

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Not much to choose from ATM,got a couple in today:

Amazon.com: VOIA LG G Pad 8.3 Premium Hard Slim Case - Black (LPHD1V500BLK): Computers & Accessories

Looks & feels nice,but,doesn't fit.Unequal to practically non-existent edge protection.
    The sole review on AMAZON states the same,so,until the quality/fit issues are resolved,I'd steer clear of this one in any color.

Amazon.com: VOIA LG G Pad 8.3 Premium Soft Jelly Case - White (LPPJ1V500WHT): Electronics

Same reviewer highly recommended the JELLY CASE (TPU) from the same mfg,I believe I may go that route,perhaps even daring to be so bold as to ordering the white one***.... ;)

Amazon.com: MoKo Slim Folding Case for LG G Pad 8.3 inch Android Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

Kinda meh on this one.To be fair,I'm not a fan of the portfolio style,but,my practical side won out & got one.Fits fine,quality build EXCEPT the cutout area on top around the FFC & sensors isn't lying quite flat.

I'm guessing this will get better w/use,but,unless you totally dig the cut-out,I'd recommend one of the many portfolios that are designed w/FFC/Sensor access (holes) instead.There's a model on either AMAZON or e-BAY that also has the added feature of hiding the stylus loop.If I had my druthers,I'd get that one.

***EDIT/UPDATE :
    Pulled the trigger & ordered the VOIA TPU JELLY CASE in White. ETA from VOIA via e-Bay is 12/19/13-1/3/2014.
    This is a 1st for myself ordering anything directly from South Korea, so, I don't really have an idea whether to expect actual arrival to be closer to the earlier or later end of the ETA. Will pop back in w/shipping updates as they roll in.

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Just got the VOIA TPU CASE (BLACK) yesterday:

Very low profile, perfect fit.
    The feel is more like the NEXUS 5,soft,velvety texture.

Feels as it is one w/the tablet,will probably never remove it.

5. ouch1976

ouch1976 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    KOLIO likes this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I totally agree w/your sentiments on the bulky nature of the MOKU, but,I'm keeping mine for those rare times that I want/need a portfolio.

Wouldn't mind a portfolio that was slimmer,& had a removable shell/case.

The VOIA line has a slim profile, would be nice if they made a portfolio that snapped into place on the existing models.

7. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Male
    Lead Machine Operator
    Nashvegas, Tn
    Love the Moku. Working in a manufacturing facility the bulkiness has it's benefits.

Tags: