• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Look at this i just seen on facebook!!! on the Rearth page...i already bought 1 case they are trying to get all of my bread lol!

"
>> ** GET 50% OFF ANY ITEM BELOW! ** <<
Is this a great deal? Or, is this a great deal?

Promo code: 6Y8ABTZQ
Enter the promo code during check out to receive the discount.

Ringke FUSION w/ 1 FREE Ultimate Clear Screen Protector For Galaxy S5:

Crystal View: Amazon.com: [FREE HD Film-DROP PROTECTION] Ringke FUSION

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I just received the new Spigen Neo Hybrid case today. I picked it up off Amazon for $14.99. The case looks good and is very well built. The case looks and feels premium.

I went with the Metal blue color for the outer ring. As a bonus, Spigen threw in 3 screen protectors for free! The screen protectors alone retail for $9.99 so its a nice freebie.

Now, I just need the S5 to get here.

qa6u9a3y.jpg

ehura9ud.jpg

enazajy7.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I just received the new Spigen Neo Hybrid case today. I picked it up off Amazon for $14.99. The case looks good and is very well built. The case looks and feels premium.

I went with the Metal blue color for the outer ring. As a bonus, Spigen threw in 3 screen protectors for free! The screen protectors alone retail for $9.99 so its a nice freebie.

Now, I just need the S5 to get here.

qa6u9a3y.jpg

ehura9ud.jpg

enazajy7.jpg

Does this case have cutouts on the side for volume and power? Or are they buttons?

Upvote 0
I've been having an issue with the Otterbox Defender Case I purchased direct from Otterbox. Power button in the case will sleep and wake the phone, but to turn it on or off is not working. I'm trying to work with Otterbox to resolve this issue. I liked the Otterbox case that I used on my S II Skyrocket and had none of these issues. Hopefully the matter will be resolved soon. I'll update as things progress.

Upvote 0
I just got the electric blue slim armor for mine a few days ago and Spigen sent me an email saying they were sending me a new shell since they have made improvements in the fit since I ordered mine.

Here you go. Sorry they're not the best pics but it's the best I could do right now. Mine is the gunmetal color. Debating on also getting the metal slate too.

uploadfromtaptalk1397516462504.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397516442428.jpg

Upvote 0
My Humble opinion is that it is a crime to destroy such design and pretty-face of the phone (which is the first time Samsung actually makes it amazing) with a full fat cover which makes the phone bulky.

My advice is Buy a screen protector and you are good. No need for Armors and big cases, just keep it in your pocket face in. :)

I kept my SGS3 like that without a scratch, no protection at all.

I usually get a flip case from ebay for about 2-3-4 GBP each for when I go to the mountain, running and etc.

Upvote 0
Anyone ever try ULAK or Cimo cases? I just ordered some from Amazon to try. I currently have a Samsung flip case which is nice but the flip gets in the way when taking pics and such so I want to switch. I like the Spigen and others mentioned but I got a white phone and they are mostly black (and I want a blue) and I think the black and blue wouldn't look as nice with a white phone.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a TPU case from Amazon. Neither the case or phone are here, yet. I used the used the very slim line hard cases. However, I've switched to the soft TUP cases, mainly because they offer better protection in case I drop my phone. I did drop one once onto a cement floor. The TPU case the surrounds all of the edges really protected it well. The TPU cases are just a tiny bit fatter than the hard, slim cases, but in my case worth it.

Besides offering better protection from drops, they are very easy to get on and off quickly. I always carry spare batteries, and frequently need to swap batteries, so being able to get the case on and off quickly and easily is a must. The TPU cases are great for that.

The TPU cases are also very inexpensive, and they come in a nice variety of pretty colors. Now, even printed designs. The one I've been using for over a year now also still looks brand new. They are readily available on Amazon and eBay. If you need one quickly, there are several available with Amazon Prime.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a TPU case from Amazon. Neither the case or phone are here, yet. I used the used the very slim line hard cases. However, I've switched to the soft TUP cases, mainly because they offer better protection in case I drop my phone. I did drop one once onto a cement floor. The TPU case the surrounds all of the edges really protected it well. The TPU cases are just a tiny bit fatter than the hard, slim cases, but in my case worth it.

Besides offering better protection from drops, they are very easy to get on and off quickly. I always carry spare batteries, and frequently need to swap batteries, so being able to get the case on and off quickly and easily is a must. The TPU cases are great for that.

The TPU cases are also very inexpensive, and they come in a nice variety of pretty colors. Now, even printed designs. The one I've been using for over a year now also still looks brand new. They are readily available on Amazon and eBay. If you need one quickly, there are several available with Amazon Prime.

Which TPU maker did you go with?

Upvote 0

I am also a fan of the TPU Cases and have used them for years and to me they also have worked as well as the expensive cases and look just as good. All the brands are good. :)

Upvote 0
My Humble opinion is that it is a crime to destroy such design and pretty-face of the phone (which is the first time Samsung actually makes it amazing) with a full fat cover which makes the phone bulky.

My advice is Buy a screen protector and you are good. No need for Armors and big cases, just keep it in your pocket face in. :)

I kept my SGS3 like that without a scratch, no protection at all.

I usually get a flip case from ebay for about 2-3-4 GBP each for when I go to the mountain, running and etc.

I would love to be able to do this. However my job would easily destroy my phone with out notice if it was not in some sort of protective case. Not everyone has a 9-5 cubical job where their phone sits on a desk all day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones