1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Casio Commando 4G LTE Release June 27

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ni6hthawk, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ni6hthawk

ni6hthawk Newbie

If smartphones with a relatively low degree of ruggedness and moderate protection to water and dust are no longer niche devices (think Sony Xperia Z or Samsung Galaxy S4 Active), gadgets that are entirely rugged and feature very robust exteriors remain an oddity of the tech world. But they continue to exist and catch the more

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NE_Phil

NE_Phil Newbie

3. Willster419

Willster419 The Casio Smartphone Guru

I just hope we are not let down for the third time... :( and seeing how this is from a twitter user, i would not be surprised.

4. ni6hthawk

ni6hthawk Newbie

5. JKH62

JKH62 Member

It sounds good hardware wise.
    I want to root it and remove 2/3 of the crap ware on it!

Lets hope for better battery performance on this one.

6. Willster419

oh goodie and my two year contract expires in August ... oh nope my bad I forgot Verizon can add extra time for no reason. Screw you Verizon, I was hoping to get this for 100

7. ni6hthawk

ni6hthawk Newbie

Let the hacking begin!

Attached Files:

8. Willster419

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous right now. did you have a free upgrade or did you buy it straight up?

9. I got one yesterday too - it's sooo much faster than the old Commando! (That is to say, it's about like most other smartphones people have :p) I paid full price for mine - there were no upgrades on my account until 2014, and I couldn't wait that long!

10. Willster419

how much did it cost to get it full price?

EDIT: nevermind, i found it. $480!!! Yikes!!! I can wait a a month and a half...

11. ni6hthawk

ni6hthawk Newbie

I had an upgrade.... but even the verizon sales guy said its not like it used to be ...that its really not free... he told me that even he can't get a free phone for his family anymore... I ended up paying close to $200 with the free phone credit and I had a Military discount to boot. But its a nice upgrade and just begging to be rooted and custom ROMed!!! The screens/menus and organization is slightly different... lots of crapwear of course. Just image how fast it would be without the crap!!!! But for a starting point this is a great phone that rivals the majority of the smartphones out there yet is rugged like I need for my occupation. I want to research/test if rooting can work for this upgrade with available methods... I recall the "interesting" security of the previous model. All and all I am very pleased with it.

12. JKH62

JKH62 Member

I was quoted $130 using my upgrade.
    If it could be rooted today I would likely have one tomorrow.

13. DaysInn

DaysInn Newbie

I got mine 150 with $50 mail in rebate. Very nice phone.

Casio G'Zone Commando Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews