1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cast not working with LG OLED 65c8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pinco000, Jan 3, 2019.

1. pinco000

pinco000 Newbie

Hi guys, Im strugling to establish a connection with my new TV. My girlfriends Samsung works fine but my pixel 2xl not all.
    The cast on TV says miracast/intelViDi and my feeling is tgat the latest android does t support the above.
    Is there any way to be able to mirror my phone screen?
    All advice will be appreciated.

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Google dropped Miracast support a few years ago. You might have to get a Chromecast Dongle and connect it to your tv.

3. pinco000

pinco000 Newbie

Thanks for the reply buddy. I read that on some other threads. The pixel 2xl as much as I like the it, it is quite disappointing at the same time. Since I had my pixe 2 XL I always had issues with its connectivity . Whether it was my car ( had to root my phone to connect ) and now a problem with my new TV.
    I must admit that my next phone will be probably Samsung or one the new breeds like Huawei etc. I cant simply justify to myself upgrading to pixel 3 with the biggest ugliest notch on earth and having constant issues.

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

There are a few manufacturers that still include Miracast support. Ran into this issue a while back with a Moto X4 and G6 that was Chromecast only while LG G6 still had Miracast.
    My current phone, OnePlus 6T also supports Miracast and connects to my Roku without a problem.

codesplice and pinco000 like this.
  5. adrianlobont

adrianlobont Member

You need to instal LG TV app on your phone.

Google Pixel 2 XL Forum

The Google Pixel 2 XL release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3520mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews