1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cast question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by spman, Aug 10, 2020.

1. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

Hello,

Q1. I am using a philips smart tv saphi and the TV is connected to home wifi. My PC is connected to the same home internet. When I play a youtube video in my PC browser, I saw a new button [cast to tv] under every youtube video appeared automatically. I think all devices connected to my home internet would have the ability to cast the device screen to TV. How can I disable the TV casting function? I do not want any device to cast any video/media to the TV.

Q2. How do I check if my PC is currently casting anything to the TV? (able to use PC only, without looking at the TV)

Thanks

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

nope the cast button is for use with a chromecast device. no chromecast no casting.....so you should be fine.

spman and Dannydet like this.
  3. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

TV has miracast function. I guess it is another type of casting function similar to chromecast, I guess that is why youtube has an additional cast to tv button.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Miracast is an app, whereas chromecast is a physical hdmi device. You'd have to either install miracast on your phone to be able to cast anything, or by a chromecast

spman and ocnbrze like this.