• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CAT S60 won't show files on my laptop when plugged in, can't transfer pics or music files

Hi, I LOVE this phone but I can't take my music files on my laptop and copy them to my phone. Nor can I see my SD card, pics or any other files on my phone from my laptop when the phone is plugged in.

Is there a driver I need to install on my laptop or perhaps a setting on my phone that I need to change that will allow the transfer of data?

Please let me know......

thanks!

Make sure the phone is unlocked (meaning you put in the code and now it's not on lock screen), when plugged in, it should tell you that your phone is connected to a pc, do you want to transfer files ect.
If nothing happens when plugging in, try a different cable. Some cables are just for charging. Don't ask me why

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
SOLVED!!!

thanks A bochur an d Dannydet however I contacted CAT for help and it turns out it was an easy fix. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your e-mail and I am sorry to hear that you are currently facing problems transferring data from your S60 to your computer.

Please be advised that if you follow the steps below, you will have access of the internal memory of your S60 on your computer.

1. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable

2. drag the notification bar and press on the notification "USB for charging. Touch for more options.

3. a new screen will appear "USE USB for", please choose File transfers

4. on your computer you will get a screen, from there you can choose Open device to view files > Internal storage -> there you have access of the internal memory and you can transfer data from your computer to your internal memory and vice versa.

Proposed FAQ “Recently Microsoft Windows updated Windows 10 and this has caused an issue with MTP driver issue. The MTP driver is called Media Transfer Protocol this helps users transfer data between Windows and our Devices.

To fix this issue the user needs to perform the following steps

1. Go to Start Menu (or Cortana) Search. Just click the Search for Cortana icon in the Windows 10 taskbar and type “Run.” You’ll see the Run command appear at the top of the list, open the program
2. Type in the following C:\Windows\Inf
3. Locate the following file “wpdmtp.inf”
4. Right click on the file
5. Select Install
6. Click yes when prompted by the “User Access Control”

I hope this clarifies your query.

Upvote 0
Hi, I LOVE this phone but I can't take my music files on my laptop and copy them to my phone. Nor can I see my SD card, pics or any other files on my phone from my laptop when the phone is plugged in.

Is there a driver I need to install on my laptop or perhaps a setting on my phone that I need to change that will allow the transfer of data?

Please let me know......

thanks!

If you have windows 10, you have to do nothing, just plug and cat s60 was detected, now set on cat s60 "file transfer" that's all.

Upvote 0

Please let me know......

thanks!

This may be your issue:

https://phoneusbdrivers.com/cat-s60-usb-driver/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones