1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

catch 22

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sean003.5, Aug 17, 2011.

1. sean003.5

sean003.5 Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    I have a T-Mobil G2 Touch (HTC Hero) but didn't set up a google account with it when I first configured it. I since tried to set one up but get the message "can't establish connection with google servers etc etc". On contacting T-Mobile they said it was a glitch in the version of android on this model and I need to update it. However this is where the problem comes. To update it I want to back everything up. All the apps that can do this (SMS backup, Call History backup) need to be downloaded via the Android Market . . .which I can't link to as I can't link a gmail account to the phone. Does anyone know a way round this. Basically all I want to do is find an app that will back up my SMS and call history (contacts and calendar are already done via HTC Sync) which can be downloaded to a PC and then copied over to the phone . . . .or be able to link a gmail account on my version of android (2.1)

Advertisement

2. sean003.5

sean003.5 Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    hold the press, just downloaded and installed MyPhoneExplorer. Backs up the lot so job done . . . . .Woo Hoo