1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

catching up with 2005

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by michaelburns, Apr 22, 2012.

1. michaelburns

michaelburns Lurker

I have no idea about any of this Android stuff. I had a Samsung flip phone with a 10-number keypad and way more features than I liked, but TMobile will receive no more of my $$$, so I decided to go for extreme change and get something with a touchscreen, which I abhore, but it's good to force oneself into uncomfortable situations from time to time. I noticed this thing in Walmart called an Optimus Q that runs Android 2.3. I sunk the $200 on it, declining a $45 activation/monthly service card, just to get a feel for all this newfangled technology the kids are into these days. I must say, it's pretty damn cool to be able to watch youtube videos in the palm of my hand. (I don't even need a service plan; just connect to my wifi!) Well, that's me as far as this Android thing goes so far. I am a Linux user (well, Ubuntu anyway), and was quite pleased to learn that Android is based on the same philosophy and kernel. We'll see. Thanks for listening.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hi Michaelburns, :ciao:

You will find lots of discussions and tips on your phone here.

Hello and welcome aboard. Hopefully you'll find this place interestingly awesome.
    Have fun!