1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CB# in received messages.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jay.baker07, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Jay.baker07

Jay.baker07 Lurker

Has anybody found a way to turn off the CB# in messages on the S3? It's really annoying me and I haven't been able to find a way to shut it off. They're only on messages from other people, even some who have their CB# turned off. I'm on Verizon if that means anything. Feel free to move this if it's posted in the wrong area. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chamba

chamba Well-Known Member

noticed same thing, it doesn't bother me too much so i just ignore it

3. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Same here. After JB upgrade started seeing callback #s from someone who i just texted before the upgrade. Cannot figure out how to turn them off.

4. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

I've only been able to get rid of it by telling people to disable their CB# display. Luckily people with it enabled have been the exception.

5. kyle1087

kyle1087 Lurker

To fix this you first need to be rooted and have a root browser. Then go into root browser and go to system/etc/feature_default.xml then scroll until you find the line <CscFeature_Message_CBMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_CBMessage>
    Change it to this
    <CscFeature_Message_CBMessage>false</CscFeature_Message_CBMessage>
    Then save and back out to the system folder and delete the CSC folder and reboot. Then you shouldn't have the cb# anymore!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews