• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Any advice? Stuck in boot loop after flashing Viper's ICS

Shake88

Nov 12, 2011
My phone is HBOOT 1.5, with the HTC unlock.

I've now tried Viper's ICS ROM, MeanROM, and CleanROM. All react the same. After the HTC logo screen, I see the splash screen, then the phone reboots. The phone actually boots all the way up, I see the lock ring, wallpaper, time, battery, etc., but some process starts that causes a reboot. I see text pop up in the notification area stating "Customization Setup", then the phone reboots.

I'm able to get into recovery, but I'm using TWRP 2.1. I believe all my nandroids were created using an earlier version of TWRP.

I'm considering trying the rollback from 1.5 to 1.4.

Any recommendations? At this point I'd be happy to get back to a working condition.

Help?

Some 3VO with HBoot 1.5 don't seem to like ICS Roms, have you tried flashing them with 4EXT Recovery, seems to be more user friendly for HBoot 1.5

I've now tried Viper's ICS ROM, MeanROM, and CleanROM. All react the same. After the HTC logo screen, I see the splash screen, then the phone reboots. The phone actually boots all the way up, I see the lock ring, wallpaper, time, battery, etc., but some process starts that causes a reboot. I see text pop up in the notification area stating "Customization Setup", then the phone reboots.

I'm able to get into recovery, but I'm using TWRP 2.1. I believe all my nandroids were created using an earlier version of TWRP.

Any recommendations? At this point I'd be happy to get back to a working condition.

Help?

Reactions: vw-porsche
Upvote 0

Help?

I had the exact same problem. Tried everything, flash boot img, clocwork recovery, factory teset, wipe this wipe that, reboot, turn off, reboot etc etc. But nothing seem to work. I finally decided to go all out n get s off. The best thing I ever did. I used the wire method that u can find in the link. Its actually pretty simple, just make sure you relock bootloader and if your flashed to another carrier, write down or save all your settings.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...DIvn_920Ty8FcIlZw&sig2=ZCOfe0eESuAJPxMeVpoxyA

Upvote 0
You posted a sensation thread, I don't think you want that posted here for the 3VO, I already have Juniper posted here in this section for the 3VO

I had the exact same problem. Tried everything, flash boot img, clocwork recovery, factory teset, wipe this wipe that, reboot, turn off, reboot etc etc. But nothing seem to work. I finally decided to go all out n get s off. The best thing I ever did. I used the wire method that u can find in the link. Its actually pretty simple, just make sure you relock bootloader and if your flashed to another carrier, write down or save all your settings.

Upvote 0
Hello all! I know this is an old issue and the phone that I have is as old as life it's self but I hope that I can find some help here! I know there are sever threads covering this issue but I have not found any that covers the ENITRE issue that I am having.

Okay, now for my problem....

Of course my phone died (battery). I put it on the charger and powered it up. The phone stuck on Sprint screen for several days. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was unable to use recovery but I was able to do a factory reset. THIS TIME I am unable to do anything. On factory reset, the phone goes to green icon and then it turns into the red exclamation. Same thing with recovery. I have tried the wipe/factory reset...I get an error there "E:can't open /cache/recovery/command" and I get that on all options in Sys recovery menu. I have read several threads on using fastboot but I have learned that there is more to it that plugging in the USB and recovering the phone.

To help answer some of the questions here are the details on the HBoot menu:
****Locked****
Shooter XC Ship S-On RL
HBoot - 1.58.0000
Radio - 1.09.00.0108
OpenADSP - v02.6.0226.00.0217
eMMC-boot

The phone has never been rooted and everything is stock.
I have seen that it can be recovered through Hboot menu but I'm not deep into this side of things so I will need detailed instructions if possible. I have an HTC Evo 3d and my PC is Mac OSX.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones