• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Anyone using SetCPU w/ stock everything?

I solved my recent battery issue by removing Google+.

I'm running stock with netarchy's kernel overclocked on demand to 1.5 GHz. My last two hours with screen off had the phone awake only to sync mail, it dropped 1% in those two hours. The only bloatware that I've gotten around to removing is Spiderman and that first game in the app drawer with the game controller icon.

Don't know if that info is useful, hope it is, maybe it can help form expectations for Sense roms.

Upvote 0
[KERNEL]Silverneedle Test5(30-July-2011) - xda-developers

Note - development is not really stalled, netarchy's on vacation.

I'm using it to run a full Ubuntu on mine as well as Android.

And - not being in great need always for overclocking, I also run conservative at 1188 MHz (ok, that's within 1% of 1.2 GHz) to help stretch out the battery, too.

I like that I can do what I need, when I need. :)

PS - Probably you know this, but I like to say it anyways - always make a nandroid backup before fiddling with kernels.

And use the CPU speed test built-in to setCPU to see that your selected overclock value works with your phone.

And ignore Quadrant results - completely. Absolutely totally useless benchmark for our phone.

Upvote 0
Here is the stock everything with a few setCPU profiles. I am happy with this. Was getting about an extra 3hrs on my OG evo with custom rom and kernels. I can live with this.

snap20110816_130627.png

Upvote 0
^^what settings? i have a stock rooted 3vo and SetCPU and was wanting so save some battery but need pointers on how to setup setcpu.

I just have two. Screen off and battery < 25%.

I went and ruined this by flashing a rooted rom. I then discovered a new rom, clean rom 1.3 That kind of gave it back. I have a backup of what you see though, so I'll go back in a heartbeat if I cannot find a rooted pair thats better than stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones