1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] AOSP and ROM questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by molitar, Nov 2, 2011.

1. molitar

molitar Member
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Ok what are the differences between the HTC Sense and AOSP? What interface is lost from AOSP compared to SENSE 3? Also any ROMS based on AOSP yet because I want to use Sixaxis which requires Bluetooth with HID so I can use my PS3 controller with my phone.

I been hearing alot of people mention CM and understand their is a beta for it.. What is this CM like compared to the SENSE? I'm new to Android came over from the old Windows Touch Pro 2 phone so I really only seen STOCK HTC Android. I tried to find in Google anything online but none that shows real differences from SENSE.

BTW other than the Bluetooth HID not supported I been satisfied with STOCK so any ROM out there probably as close to STOCK as possible would be my option.

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. strat1227

strat1227 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    This is a bit misleading since most people's concept of "stock" is "exactly how the phone was when I bought it."

For the Evo 3d, Sense=stock in most people's minds.

Also, cm7 isn't quite "AOSP to the core" since there are lots of tweaks and added software. The android you get on a Nexus S is AOSP to the core though

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. JCampbell

JCampbell Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Cadet
    USAFA, CO
    On the CM7 note, I used it for well over a month, and I've had some major bug issues. I understand it's still in alpha, but if you would like to use it please consider that videochat in general will not work (one party will not be able to hear the other, normally you not being able to hear them. You will not be able to send MMS, instead you'll have to find creative ways of sending pictures, like through facebook or something. Finally, the built in torch app doesn't work (no big deal, I know). Just last night I switched to MIUI, and so far it works very well. I had a small bug sending a text earlier today, but I uninstalled the app I had just downloaded and it was working fine again. The only complaint I have for MIUI is the iOS-ish feel to it, though you may be able to theme that away.

Tags: