1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cdma - Can I just switch kernal and a boot file?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmartin245, Feb 20, 2011.

1. tmartin245

tmartin245 Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    The CDMA Desire hasn't gotten much love, and I would like to find out as much as possible into possibly converting already great gsm roms to work on my phone. It has an SLCD instead of AMOlED, and of course is cdma instead. Very similar to Verizon's Incredible. I switched from Verizon to save money, and would like to play around with my phone; used to my Droid lol. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. HDHNTER

HDHNTER Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    There was some good love to be found....just took some digging to find it. I just finished updating my CDMA Desire to Froyo 2.2 w/ Apps2SD+.
    It is now working flawlessly with every app installed that I have wanted but didn't have the room for up till now & I still have a TON of memory left available. Stressful process but overall it was painless & DEFINITELY worth the effort. FYI, all features work, no catches with this ROM.

I rooted via unrevoked (method 1) & flashed the rooted stock Android 2.2 FroYo ROM meant exclusively for the CDMA HTC Desire found here ----> Install Rooted Stock Android 2.2 FroYo ROM on HTC Desire CDMA

• Rooted,
    • Deodexed,
    • A2SD enabled (Minimum 512MB EXT3 partition required),
    • BusyBox installed,
    • Init.d support (to facilitate power saving mods),
    • Zip aligned apps (for more efficient memory usage),
    • 3-in-1 boot menu added,
    • Several large apps moved to /data from /system, including Facebook, Adobe Reader, MySpace, Google Maps, Gmail, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Google Street View and YouTube.

I then used SUroot's guide ---> http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/220627-faq-apps2sd-updated-17-02-11-a.html to install the Dark Tremor Apps2SD+ mod.

The Desire should have come from the manufacturer like this to begin with! I am thrilled with how it turned out. Thanks to all who generously posted the info needed to accomplish this, it was GREATLY appreciated.

SUroot likes this.
  3. j_preu

j_preu Newbie
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    in a cold, cold place
    Does this include the g-apps?

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    its only CM that doesnt include gapps I think. But the rom mentioned above is rooted stock, so yes it will as its stock.

Tags: