1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Can i use verizon motorola moto g with sim

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by papilaaa, Oct 10, 2014.

1. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

hey everyone,ım livining in turkey.I have gone to florida in this summer and ı have bought motorola moto g in best buy(verizon).The prices are very low and ı decided to use in Turkey but ı didin't know these phones are working with CDMA so ı came in turkey with my phone and plug my sım card to moto g ı saw the sım enterance has blocked.And in Turkey the CDMA thecnology doesn't supporting so ı search for how can ı use thıs phone.I go to phone fixing and he add the sim card plug but he said that the device need to be root but ı cant make it.and ı m trying to unlock the boot loader but in motorola's website (can my device be unlocked)and the website saying your phone cant be unlocked so what ı am gonna do ? by the way sorry about my english.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to android forums. Now if you have Verizon and it has a sims card slot. You are already unlocked . but now you may need to call global part to verify this one or ask for the unlock code . and you may need to find a local powerful carrier that has working sims cards

papilaaa likes this.
  3. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

thank you,so this thing,verify or unlocking code,can ı make this in Turkey ? ı dont know how to find this code and where ı'm gonna enter the code ?

and when ı entered bootloader it saying your phone is locked,so ıf ı found unlock code it is gonna fix it right ?

by the way thanks for early answers

4. BRAINZ2013

Yes once the boot is unlocked you can use on carriers that have gsm with sims card I am still searching for turkey carriers

papilaaa likes this.
  5. BRAINZ2013

Been told

Vodafone

Now Vodafone has a moto g they have 4sale . they may can provide a unlock code or you can root and edit prop and their code from Vodafone will provide you service

papilaaa likes this.
  6. empep

empep Lurker

You can't buy moto g boost mobile you can't unlock boatloader and root with verizon no is lock with verizon

papilaaa and BRAINZ2013 like this.
  7. BRAINZ2013

Vondafone has this model and you can pay for unlock code or see if Verizon will unlock or use global

papilaaa likes this.
  8. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

thank you so much,ı'm using vodafone ,ım sure it's gonna work,ı will inform you tomorrow

9. BRAINZ2013

Thanks I know Vodafone is very helpful and will solve or work out deals with you. Post back

papilaaa likes this.
  10. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

hello again, ı know ı saıd ı will post tommarrow and it's almost a 2 weeks,ı gone to vodafone they send me to tax office to make phone useable.they ask me the phone's IMEI and we look for it and we saw the phone doesn't have IMEI code , it have MEID number,and they send me back to the vodafone to learn IMEI code.Vodafone said we need İMEİ code to unlock the phone and ı show them our conversation then they told you need to go centeral vodafone may be they can help you.

going to centeral vodafone takes 5 hours ,and ı dont want to waste my all day

the other option is vodafone said if you root your device we can see ımeı code

what ım supposed to do now ?

thanks

11. Dslack420

Dslack420 Android Enthusiast

Root it and get meid

papilaaa likes this.
  12. BRAINZ2013

I would root it to get imei but vet that in writing before they have you root the device and then tell you its nothing for them to do cause the device was rooted

papilaaa likes this.
  13. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

we have to get root device,but how we gonna do that ?

ı tried to make it but in the motorola website making the bootloader (can my device be unlocked) web page said your device can not be root.

14. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

yes it is,but ı still dont know how ı m gonna do that

15. BRAINZ2013

You need a working PC/laptop that also have working USB ports . You need the drivers and USB cable

papilaaa likes this.
  16. Seraph08

Seraph08 Android Expert

probably going to have to downgrade it

papilaaa likes this.
  17. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

yes ı know what ı m going to use,but ı dont know proceess and whıch proceess ım goıng to use ?

18. BRAINZ2013

You downgrade root and Dont upgrade it will wipe your rooting. While rooted just use a updated stable ROM . for example you down grade to 4.1.2 your rooted now run any ROM such as the 4.2.2 or 4.4.4 . .

papilaaa likes this.
  19. papilaaa

papilaaa Lurker

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews