• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] cdma flashing

i was just wondering if anyone could direct me to a good guide for flashing the evo 3d?

for flashing what? for flashing new roms,im sure someone here can hook you up with some basic how-to info.

for flashing a device from one carrier to another,that is a touchy subject. AF policy is to absolutely NOT discuss any illegal flashing of of cdma devices from one carrier to another. i.e.,the phone is not "legally obtained" or the service was shut off for non payment. it is also illegal to attempt to clone a device so both are working and reciveing free service.

because of the potential for illegal activities(unfortunately alot of folks want to try and use their bad esn sprint/vzw device on one of the other carriers,wich we do not condone),you will NOT find any guides for cdma flashing to boost,cricket,straight talk etc. here on AF. thanks for understanding :)

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
OK, got a question for the experienced. I bought a VM Evo V, the network coverage sucked so I rooted it, got s-off and flashed a Sprint Evo 3D Rom on it so the network flashing guy could flash it over to Verizon. It works great with Verizon (fast) but I can't stand the factory 3D Rom and would like to flash a custom rom ( pref. mean rom ) for the overclocking mostly to it but concerned that flashing the rom may undo the Verizon flash. Any ideas or suggestions? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones