• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] CleanROM DE 1.4/Tiamat; ICS? Apple?

LOveWerks

Android Expert
Sep 9, 2011
Southern Colorado
ScottsROMS rock... however, this side of Houston has been having some weirdness with DE 1.4 (intermittent 3G; though, I've found that turning off Wi-Fi can make 3G happen, again; then, turn Wi-Fi back on, and everything's fine; lockup and reboot sometimes occurs, without prompting; and, or, lockup that precipitates removing the battery, and doing a cold reboot).

I love the ROM itself - Scott was after my own heart with the blue theme, and its overall design and effect. The Tiamat kernel works well with my 3VO, with SetCPU as governor (1.6 gb+). I have over 425 mB of free space in my internal memory, and 5.89 gb on my SD Card - I'm just sharing that, for informational purposes. Any ideas in assisting me with this, would be great - though I do like 2.9.5, I love DE 1.4.

I have tried OMJ's ROM - it was too much like stock, for me, anyway - but a good, stable effort. Nicely done.

Second point in my new thread - is there ever a possibility (I've read about this for the Galaxy, Nexus One, et cetera) that us 3VO users will get a bite of the Ice Cream Sandwich? According to threads that I looked at over at Rootz, PPC and xda - it would really make things hum, even on a Snapdragon chipset.

In light of Apple winning their infringement lawsuit against HTC - what kind of changes, does everyone here believe - will happen to Android OS? (okay, I lied - three points/questions... forgive me)...

I've been going through medical hell here lately - oncology, urology, nephrology, hell... I'm 'ologied' out - so, bear with this new thread, as I can only stay up on the computer for a few minutes. I will check back from my 3VO, as it is easier for me to do nowadays.

Your friend in EVO 3Ds and Android -
BBone (often imitated, never duplicated) ;)

Attachments

• 385357_272766752766833_100001005324214_808310_333057922_n.jpg
    385357_272766752766833_100001005324214_808310_333057922_n.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 42
1.not sure why that is happening. have you tried to wipe dalvik cache and cache?

2.there is ICS but it is not even close to an alpha yet. but here it is if you want a peek:
Dev Only ICS Port - xda-developers

3.and i doubt that we will see much change for us rooted people. and it is between htc and apple. it is not with google, so the android os is safe.

Upvote 0
Of course, the infringement hullabaloo is just between Apple & HTC; however, there are previous examples like the old VHS/Betamax videotape 'war'; more recently, BlueRAY vs. HD DVD formats (where Sony ended up on top, unlike the previous example)... so, there are precedents. Of course, Google is keeping mum on the subject, in light of Mark Zuckerberg's comparison of Google with Microsoft. At any rate, I digress...

I have wiped Dalvik and cache - it mellows the abhorrent behavior somewhat, and I even brought my clock speed down to 1.68; which, also seemed to help, as well. My remaining data internally is still in the mid-700s (I miswrote before). Thanks again.

Upvote 0
HTC said:

1) The Evo 3D will be getting ICS 'early 2012'. Expect it late January or early February at the earliest. Maybe as late as March.

2) The Apple vs HTC thing...HTC mentioned in a news release that they will change the mechanic that Apple successfully sued them on. You know how you're in an email and you can tap on a phone number and the dialer comes up with the # pre-typed for you? Yeah, that's what Apple won a patent battle on. So HTC will probably change it to be something else that is just slightly less intuitive to use. Like if you swipe your finger over a number, or something like that.

As for your issue with CR...I read somewhere that after you OC over 1.52, the CPU will become increasingly unstable. It, of course, depends largely on the capabilities of your individual chip, but 1.52 is the highest stable speed Qualcomm got the processor before a lot of chips started failing or getting unstable. Take your clock to 1.52 and see if it helps.

Edit: After re-reading my post, I realize I could be taken for sounding harsh. I don't mean to be harsh. Just meant it as a FYI. HTC is not going to allow themselves to be banned from importing new devices and they are making ICS for Evo 3D :)

Upvote 0
HTC said:

1) The Evo 3D will be getting ICS 'early 2012'. Expect it late January or early February at the earliest. Maybe as late as March.

2) The Apple vs HTC thing...HTC mentioned in a news release that they will change the mechanic that Apple successfully sued them on. You know how you're in an email and you can tap on a phone number and the dialer comes up with the # pre-typed for you? Yeah, that's what Apple won a patent battle on. So HTC will probably change it to be something else that is just slightly less intuitive to use. Like if you swipe your finger over a number, or something like that.

As for your issue with CR...I read somewhere that after you OC over 1.52, the CPU will become increasingly unstable. It, of course, depends largely on the capabilities of your individual chip, but 1.52 is the highest stable speed Qualcomm got the processor before a lot of chips started failing or getting unstable. Take your clock to 1.52 and see if it helps.

Edit: After re-reading my post, I realize I could be taken for sounding harsh. I don't mean to be harsh. Just meant it as a FYI. HTC is not going to allow themselves to be banned from importing new devices and they are making ICS for Evo 3D :)
jerfld -
No offense was taken. I will try 1.52 gHz, as what you wrote makes sense (Sense; a pun just landed... haha). Also, I noted that on the app SD Booster, the "green light" number is 512... on my Evo 4G, I was able to go much higher... what gives with that? As we are rooted users, the HTC changes for phone number selection, et cetera, shouldn't affect us, right? That is, if the devs keep working off of available ROMs with that feature still embedded... thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones