1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] CleanRom root, no 3G, everything else works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mis73rRand0m, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Mis73rRand0m

Mis73rRand0m Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Hboot 1.5, official unlock, flashed clean sense, all radios worked fine from the start, 1x was the only one working in a couple hours.

Used Flash Image GUI to flash CleanRom2.9, now everything but 3g is working.

I read that chad.goodman's kernel would help solve the issue, but it wont let me download...

What should I do now?

First root btw! It's been fun but I want my phone to have full functionality!

EDIT: As I was typing this I ran flash image gui and tried to flash silverneedle... phone wouldnt reboot, just went to black screen with lit up capacitive buttons... Booted into recovery and restoring partition now. Hope it works... but for now if anyone can, help please!

Update: Flashed Silverneedle from twrp, nothing happened. Tried rcmix... same thing. Now to re flash CleanRom... If that doesn't work should I go back to a different rom? Could it be that the kernel wasn't compatible with CleanRom? Either way everything is backed up, I just need to unbrick this thing!

Update: Factory wipe inside twrp used, reboot, nothing. Re flashed CleanRom, nothing. Wipe, flashed rooted stock, nothing. Wiped again and doing partition restore... stuck on restoring boot partition. Please help...

Update: flailed around, re-locked then un-locked the bootloader, booted into cwm, flailed around more. Flashed ziggy's kernel, and yet again, nothing.

I can still do anything within twrp and cwm that I want, and can command through fastboot usb, but every time I flash or wipe something then reboot, it goes from the main "htc" screen to black screen and I have to pull the battery to get it back into bootloader. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!? This is hour number five that I've been fighting!

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I, nor Android Forums in general, do not like direct linking, so I'm going to be specific in the link to download:

HTC Evo 3D (CDMA)

Download the "Tiamat_E3D-v1.1.0-Sense" kernel. Tiamat is my favorite kernel and I've never had an issue with it. Silverneedle, depending on your version, has had a history of causing issues.

So, you're familiar with flashing with fastboot? Good. (If you forgot, click here) Because I think you should format /system, /data, and /cache and flash CleanRom (preferably 2.9.5 or older), then flash the Tiamat kernel and see how that goes. I think you're not booting because the kernel isn't flashing correctly.

After you do that, let the phone sit for 5 minutes. The first time after a flash (especially after a format of /system and /cache), the HTC logo looks like it's hanging. It usually isn't, it's doing it's thing. The boot up will also take a long time (you'll be staring at that Sprint logo for a while). Relax, it is normal.

Mis73rRand0m likes this.
  3. devinEVO

devinEVO Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2011
    Self Employed
    S.E. OK
    1. open up the file of the rom you downloaded and copy the boot.img file and put a coppy of it in the same folder as your fastboot is located... in my case its c:/android/sdk/sdk-tools folder

2. put your phone in fastboot usb mode, open the cmd promt of the folder the fastboot is in.

3. use this comand- fastboot flash boot boot.img

4. reboot your phone.

5.set up you phone and go to market and download msl reader.... write down the msl it gives you

6. go to your phone and type in ##3282# and click edit mode. when prompted for password enter the msl number you retrieved.

7. click on evdo then for prefered mode select automatic"this is to fix your 3g. this is what i had to do." then press the menu, second touch light from the left on the bottom of your phone. select commit modifications.

8. if you did everything right your phone should now be fully functional!

Mis73rRand0m likes this.
  4. Mis73rRand0m

Mis73rRand0m Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Success!

What I needed to do; Copy boot.img from cleanROM2.9 into my fastboot folder > Cmd Fastboot flash boot boot.img > cmd fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (my twrp name)> clear everything> flash cleanrom2.9> reboot

Oh and my setting was "automatic" for evdo... now what?

Thanks for getting me this far!

5. devinEVO

None

May 19, 2011
    Self Employed
    S.E. OK
    is 3g working? If not let me know exactly what its doing.

tCyalater likes this.
  6. tCyalater

tCyalater Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    I had the same problem. Skipped reflashing and fixed the EVDO setting to automatic, rebooted and i have 3g again. I noticed the OP didnt respond so I figured I'd thank you. This was driving me nuts.

devinEVO likes this.
  7. devinEVO

None

May 19, 2011
    Self Employed
    S.E. OK
    Sure no prob. Glad somebody wad helped.

Tags: