• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] CM7 is here

So I've seen people saying the update fixed the battery issue, and it's definitely an improvement over the battery indicator of the first alpha release, but my battery won't go over 70% now. I left my phone on and charging all night, and when I woke up the battery said it was at seventy percent. I then turned off the phone and plugged it back in. When I did this, the LED turned green. As soon as I turned the phone on, the LED went back to red and the battery indicator said 68%. I then booted into recovery and wiped battery stats, and rebooted. Same result, 68%. I normally wouldn't complain, but my battery life today was as if it had truly started out at 70%. Anyone else having this issue? Or, does anyone have a fix? :)

Check out shift's second post on the xda thread, toast released valpha2 with battery fix today (this would be the second fix)

Reactions: JCampbell
Upvote 0
CM7 does allow for contact syncing. It should be in the Facebook for Android app, just like always. That's how it was for me at least (then again, I never did use Facebook for HTC sense)

Hmm wow yeah that seems to have worked

Before when I did it it was built into CM7 (under accounts and sync, you could add a facebook account)

We'll see if this works as well as that, I hope so :)

Upvote 0
Is there any way to get the sense camera app on this? even if the camera doesn't work?

The "trim" feature was AMAZING, I miss it so much ... I don't have any video editing software on my computer, it was so great to just be able to trim it up and upload right from the phone ...

Most of the things I film are stuff that I just let it film for a long time until I get the right take then I have to cut out the beginning ...

Anyone have any ideas? I can't find any apps like that in the market either ...

Upvote 0
Is there any way to get the sense camera app on this? even if the camera doesn't work?

The "trim" feature was AMAZING, I miss it so much ... I don't have any video editing software on my computer, it was so great to just be able to trim it up and upload right from the phone ...

Most of the things I film are stuff that I just let it film for a long time until I get the right take then I have to cut out the beginning ...

Anyone have any ideas? I can't find any apps like that in the market either ...

No. Sense apps require the Sense framework. Which would conflict with CM7 framework.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I have a new question for this thread: how do I remove the sprint proxies? I removed them on stock, and totally forgot to remove them again once I had rooted. Now, however, when I go into the dialer and enter "##3282#" it is simply treated as a standard phone number, and no prompt to enter my MSL occurs. I've tried googling the answer and I tried browsing XDA for it, but I had no luck! Any help please?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know off the top of their head if CM7 uses GPU acceleration or CPU acceleration? I'm sure that info is somewhere, I'm just not certain where to dig it up ...

I'm seeing a lot of roms boast GPU acceleration and everyone says it performs way better, if CM7 does it then it's obviously not worth trying a new one, but if it doesn't then I might flash a different ROM to test it out

Upvote 0
Does anyone know off the top of their head if CM7 uses GPU acceleration or CPU acceleration? I'm sure that info is somewhere, I'm just not certain where to dig it up ...

I'm seeing a lot of roms boast GPU acceleration and everyone says it performs way better, if CM7 does it then it's obviously not worth trying a new one, but if it doesn't then I might flash a different ROM to test it out

Hardware acceleration does not come with anything until ICS. Devs have been overclocking those specific units (CPU/GPU) via customized kernels. So the answer to your question is no, it does not come stock using GPU/CPU acceleration, however if you download and install (flash) a custom kernel - it may be possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones