1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Considering flashing a kernal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DragonSlayer95, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Alright so I've done my research on flashing a kernal and what its benefits are. I've heard high praise on anthrax but the download link provided seems to be a bad link. What do you guys recommend? I'm 1.5 s-on with d3rp ice bareback aosp

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

I rarely ever flash any Kernels, for me the risk is not worth the reward, but if I were to do so, I would post in the Devs thread and get the consensus from those on the same Rom first, JMO

3. DragonSlayer95

The only reason I am wanting to I read that certain can better your battery life and it would be nice to get more than 5 hours out of mine

4. DonB

I know why most do it, but as I mentioned I would still post in the thread, and keep in mind, usually when you do flash new Kernels, as you may gain one thing, you may loose a few others, so it is the option you have to weigh. So for me when it goes to Kernels, I stay away, as I use my phone too much and cannot afford an interruption. But I get your point, simply telling you to check before, also as long as you Nandroid, you can always restore if it don't work, or even reflash the same Rom and it will put the original Kernel back on.

DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  5. DragonSlayer95

And that's why I come here before doing anything I have no knowledge on. Thanks for the expert opinion

6. DonB

I know you do, thus the reason why I mentioned to post in the Dev thread to be safer

7. DragonSlayer95

I see what you mean, decided to flash imac to see what kind of difference it would make. No positive.

Lost auto rotate, battery charging extremely slow along with losing data quite frequently.

I love nandroid's

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews