• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] De-SENCED

You can flash a aosp rom or miui. Or there are some senseless versions of roms and also scripts to run to de-sensify. Cleanrom I belive has one. And decoris rom. There aren't too many stable aosp roms for this phone so the senseless route is gonna be the way to go if u insist on removing it. You can also try an alternate launcher.

Upvote 0
I wish I could agree with ya. But I love it and will never buy anything other than HTC. Made that mistake before and regretted it. But to each is own. If your stock you have to relock to take ota. So u may as well just flash a deodexed bloat.removed version of ics the night.it gets released it.will get de bloated and put.up.on xda. You can still take ota on other roms too. I don't recommend ever taking otas though.

Reactions: octoarms
Upvote 0
Darn, but thanks tough. Google failed me so, I turned here :). I don't want to flash any roms I like my stock rom, just rooted. I also work on phones and HATE HTC engineering and how the LCD/Digitizer are, bah! But, this isn't the place for my to go off on them. Aside from their crappy build, I just do not like SENCE. I'm looking at a Nexus S. I'm sorry but in general ICS should not have a custom GUI.

Upvote 0
Install an ICS or Gingerbread launcher. Gives you the look of the stock launcher without removing the ROM.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.SyndicateApps.ICSv2 - ICS launcher

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devhostfree.launcher - Gingerbread launcher

If all you care is removing Sense, then installing either of those will do what you need. It doesn't completely remove Sense, it just makes it so you don't see the launcher. Then you could freeze the Sense widgets in Titanium Backup and you have mostly a stock look. It should hold you over until ICS is released and a stock ROM with ICS can be built. Which will be the same day that ICS is released, I assure you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones