• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Dead after ROM Flash?

Well excuse me for living out in the boondocks where Internet services don't reach (except satellite Internet which Is way overly expensive lol)

DS

Banned for living in the boondocks!

...wait, wrong thread :p

How much is left? Does it seem to be downloading better from my DB?
Also, if it looks like the full download, especially since you've been having trouble, I would definitely check the md5.... As Scotty said, he thinks it's self-checking, but when you're down to your last hope, why risk it over something that only takes 30 seconds?

daec694998881a64d2d4583c10dce66d

Upvote 0
Banned for living in the boondocks!

...wait, wrong thread :p

How much is left? Does it seem to be downloading better from my DB?
Also, if it looks like the full download, especially since you've been having trouble, I would definitely check the md5.... As Scotty said, he thinks it's self-checking, but when you're down to your last hope, why risk it over something that only takes 30 seconds?

daec694998881a64d2d4583c10dce66d

Seems to be downloading alot better, about 30 mb to go

DS

Upvote 0
Alright back on topic, can't get chat to load (slow speeds I bet) but I've got the exe fully downloaded

Edit, when trying to open exe, nothing just simply opens. Even doing %temp% from run to locate rom.zip while trying to open, file isn't showing up. Hmm

DS

You shouldn't have to look for the rom.zip. You should be able to just run the exe? So nothing happens at all when you run the exe? :thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Nothing at all

DS

How big is the exe file? And did you check the md5? (no....:p)

wewai.png

Upvote 0
Man, You are just not having any luck here... The only possible thing I can think, is that something is blocking it from running... Maybe disable any antivirus/firewall type stuff and try again?

Either that or mail me your phone and I'll just run the dang RUU!

Yep I've disabled my antivirus and firewall. Still a no go. Shall I try the 2.17 zip instead?

DS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones