1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] Decent ROM...stock kernel...1.5...No ADB!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyjbaker, Oct 5, 2011.

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Well, I am just looking for a decent ROM with the Stock kernel because I am not a computer programmer and don't want to have to go thru the whole ADB process. I know it should be easy but it never is for me...especially when they take the ADB folder out of the downloads and you have to install it via the SDK manager which takes FOREVER!!!

Anyway, All I am looking for is a decent ROM with the Sprint Hot Spot working along with everything else. I am currently running CleanRom 2.2 and have been trying to ugrade to his latest ROMs but they require more ADB commands and I always get hung up. I am actually happy with the ROM I have except the Hot Spot is not working. I know, wireless tether works but would like the native hot spot(ad hoc).

Thanks in advance for your recomendations.

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    What error do u get? How did u root? What recovery do u have?

3. blingeorkl

blingeorkl Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Extract this to a folder and you should be able to use ADB commands in a command window after navigating to the folder. There are some extra files in there that have to do with temp root but you can just ignore them. I've used this on two computers with windows 7 and haven't installed the SDK or whatever on either but it's worked flawlessly.
    temp root.zip

4. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    The error I get when trying to use the native hotspot is the typical "You must be registered with Sprint to use this feature...blah blah". HTC 1.50 Method. TWIP recovery.

I just flashed the latest Virus Rom. Not bad...it is a little too green for me but works fine. The native hotspot works as well. The installed wifi tether app does not work and neither does the market version. The both get the "Wireless Tether started with errors. See Log for details" and then they don't connect.

5. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks Bling. I don't know if I have it in me to do it all over again this evening but I did download it and I will configure the folders so they will be ready to go when I am. I really do like the CleanRoms and would like to check out his latest overclocked versions. Thanks again.

6. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia

If you use fastboot to boot into recovery you can install roms that write to /boot and will be able to get all aspects of a rom and kernel to work.
    1. Download rom and put on root of sd add
    2. Boot into fastboot
    3. Open cmd and use fastboot command fastboot boot recovery recovery.ingoldsby

You have no choice with htc root method

flyjbaker likes this.
Tags: