1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CDMA] Ditching Sense UI altogether...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JPCleary, Aug 8, 2012.

1. JPCleary

JPCleary Lurker

First of all, understand that I don't know anything about rooting...so this may be a stupid question. I'm trying to up my knowledge on the subject...

...but in the mean time, can one of you root experts tell me if I can, through rooting or any other means, remove the Sense UI altogether so I'm left with bare ICS on my 3VO?

Ultimately what I want is my interface to look like these screen shots...

Android - Introducing Ice Cream Sandwich

...and I'm making the assumption that that is bare Android 4.0. If that assumption is incorrect please set me straight.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I just made the upgrade to ICS yesterday OTA.

Thanks in advance for the education.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Juanito216

Juanito216 Newbie

With root, CM9 and AOKP are available for our phones. Both are vanilla ICS, but only CM9(Devil Toast) has working 4G if you want 4G. There are also Sense based roms with Sense or the Sense launcher removed.(D3rp Rom and Swagged out Stock)

3. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

Team D3erpd 5.1 Bareback is what i am running....tons of themes....and there thread is a blast to read.....the way it should be!

4. CD_Ridge

CD_Ridge Newbie

I run Apex Launcher over the top of Sense with LeeDroid teaks. I like landscape modes. I kept the Sense unlock, though.

CD

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews