• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Error code 1233

it WILL not allow you to download any firmware updates. This is the point in time when you make the decision to either unroot so you can accept OTAs or keep root and never make a firmware check again. The Prl and profile updates will not cause this. this is the firmware checking for the update. So that is the answer. dont check for firmware updates

Upvote 0
ok, so chose a rom you like, stock, odex, deodexed themed or what have you. back up all info before you flash and use tb, it works great. once you find a rom you like, that dev will release updates. you can flash those updates usually wiping only cache and dalvik cache unless otherwise stated and you will keep your data.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
After root whenever I attempt to download system updates frimware, profile or prl. I get the error code 1233 and wont let me download them. Am I the only one having this issue?

I never seen error code 1233. You might want to call sprint (if you can, probably can use google voice) and ask them what it means.

Also, for general info: If you did just the S-OFF exploit and then rebooted without flashing the SU patch, the phone would try to check for new firmware and after about a minute, says no update found. I don't know if that is true if you flashed SU without updating, but it's my guess that Vivisectt was seeing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones