1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [CDMA] EVO 3D Kernel Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gdub420, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Gdub420

Gdub420 Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2012
    Hey guys i really need some help here. I have a HTC EVO 3d on 2.89.651.2 HBOOT 1.58 s-on but bootloader ***UNLOCKED*** I am able to flash roms and kernels without any problems. I updated my rom last night to Cool-ICS-v10-EvoC sucessfully. I woke up this morning still wanting to mess with it so i decided to flash a new kernel... sadly i havent got my phone to do anything at all after that. All i can do is boot into bootloader and recovery and i use TWRP never made a back up. So now when i reboot the phone in its normal state i am stuck on the white HTC screen. The kernel i flashed was silverneedle-test5. Is there any way to extract the kernel out of Cool ICS rom and go back to the kernel thats in that rom? I also tried the RUU SHOOTER 2.89.615.2 with no success it gets to the update then fails...tells me to do a restore. Please help me i am stumped here!!! Thanks for your time and help!!

Advertisement

2. Hockey16

Hockey16 Member
    None

Jun 24, 2012
    It's probably incompatible to the 1.58 hboot, which is causing you problems.

3. devov

devov Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2012
    Male
    Bama
    First try to go into fastboot and install the "SuperUser Patch Zip" then reboot. If still stuck try this (if you haven't already):
    Full wipe (everything) and install The Stock Rom for the device through fastboot and the SuperUser Patch then reboot. Good Luck:D:D

4. Gdub420

Gdub420 Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2012
    I actually fixed this myself. I downloaded MeanROM-ICS-v26-E3D and was able to sucessfully extract the 2.89 kernel from it. Then i flashed it in recovery, rebooted and walla problem solved. Thanks to the people who replied! greatly appreciated! Oh and here is a link to the 2.89 kernel that i used... 2.89-kernel-requires-hboot-1.58-s-off.zip

5. xshadowxec

xshadowxec Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2013
    Hey I was just wondering this zip say s-off in it so do I have to be s off or can I be s on ? And can I use this zip as a replacement to roms I can't use because of them having over clocked kernels?

Tags: